You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Muzzy Phantom broadheads

Anyone else have trouble with these broadheads? At 20 yards they were diving and dancing all over the place. I switched to the G5 Montecs and they fly just like a field point. Not sure if it was catching a wind or what, but there's no way I'd feel confident using the muzzys on game...

What kind of fletchings are you using?...is your bow in tune/papertuned at all?
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

I've been using the NAP Quick fetching which I've been pretty happy with. I had my bow paper tuned a few weeks ago. I hit my mark every time with the Montecs out to 60 yards, so its gotta be the muzzys doing something weird

Quote Originally Posted by Maine7 View Post
    I've been using the NAP Quick fetching which I've been pretty happy with. I had my bow paper tuned a few weeks ago. I hit my mark every time with the Montecs out to 60 yards, so its gotta be the muzzys doing something weird
    Sounds like they're just planing pure and simple ..If I may ask..Why the muzzys? You like the cut on contact style? If you like that style of head I highly recommend trying out the magnus stingers (either the 2 or 4 blade). I have them (4 blade) shooting out of my bow with blazers at around 295 fps and they're right on with my fp's in terms of POI. They're widely known to be one of the few C.O.C heads that can hang with mechs as far as flight/accuracy. Got the best Warranty/guarantee in the biz too...

Muzzy Phantom broadheads - General Archery Forum

If your montecs are workin then I'd go with them...sometimes for whatever reason some BH's just wont fly out of certain setups no matter how well tuned they are..
    Last edited by hunter2678; 10-22-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

A friend recommended the muzzys to me saying they worked well for him. I guess the broadhead performance just depends on your set up

I've shot the Phantoms since before Muzzy bought them from Elk Mountain. I've had great success with them but being a finger shooter I'm very picky about my arrow spine being just right so that helps. The big fixed blade broadheads can be a little harder to tune than the smaller heads.