You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Tempture change

Default Tempture change

How much of change does the tempture make on where the arrows hit, from say 60-- to 90 dergress. The air is thiner, going from sea leavel to 8,000 feet will make arrows hit higher.

Temp should make no difference. Elevation is a different story. When I went from 800 sea level to 8000+ in Colorado, my arrows were hitting high and I adjusted my sight.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

depends on the rotational force of the earth compaired to the gravintational pull of the moon times square root of the sun..........quite easy if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    depends on the rotational force of the earth compaired to the gravintational pull of the moon times square root of the sun..........quite easy if you think about it.

"HONDA"

In archery you will be ok with hitting the same area even with the rapid change in temps as you questioned. If you were to be involved in shooting extreme distances with a rifle then some of the terms apply.

Temp -- changes in turn affect how much drag is in the air- humidity this affects the total distance of flight,

Coriolis effect -– Rotation of the earth, this also is considered to some when here again shooting extreme distances, meaning that the earth and the intended target are moving while the bullet is in flight say 3 seconds. I can’t remember the exact figure but if my memory serves me right the earth’s surface is moving at 1400 mph.

Spin Drift – this is the effect of the bullet versus air friction causing the bullet to slightly veer to the right in flight. In this case my bullet may pull up to a mil at 1000 yards for an example.

If you are new here welcome to the site, also there’s never a stupid question-ask away that’s why folks come here to better themselves or just hang out with some good friends and smack talk a little.

JDX--
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Distances as in JDX is talking about would be like 700 to 1000 yds+ None of that comes into play except elevation when talking about a bow...
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Quote Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
    In archery you will be ok with hitting the same area even with the rapid change in temps as you questioned. If you were to be involved in shooting extreme distances with a rifle then some of the terms apply.

Temp -- changes in turn affect how much drag is in the air- humidity this affects the total distance of flight,

Coriolis effect -– Rotation of the earth, this also is considered to some when here again shooting extreme distances, meaning that the earth and the intended target are moving while the bullet is in flight say 3 seconds. I can’t remember the exact figure but if my memory serves me right the earth’s surface is moving at 1400 mph.

Spin Drift – this is the effect of the bullet versus air friction causing the bullet to slightly veer to the right in flight. In this case my bullet may pull up to a mil at 1000 yards for an example.

If you are new here welcome to the site, also there’s never a stupid question-ask away that’s why folks come here to better themselves or just hang out with some good friends and smack talk a little.

JDX--

This is why Jeff's my Hero