You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Improving the Archery Industry - Announcing a Unique Bow Comparator

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that over the last few months our team have been working very hard on bringing new useful services & tools for all archers.

We are very excited to announce a New and Unique Archery Tool: Compound Bow Comparator. In a nutshell, this tool allows for comparing bows side by side: pictures, specs (at the version level), editor reviews, pros & cons, user reviews & ratings, prices. Hope you will enjoy using this tool reguralrly.

This is how it works:

1) Go to http://CompoundBowChoice.com/

2) Scroll down and visit the 'Tools -> Bow Comparator' page
    (direct link: http://CompoundBowChoice.com/tools/comparator/)

3) Select up to 10 bows. Please note you can compare at the version level. For example, you can compare 2010 PSE X-Force Dream Season UF with 2009 Mathews Monster. The exact specs for the specified versions will be compared. Or you can compare different version of the same model (for example, 2008 Dream Season HF vs. 2009 Dream Season GX vs 2010 Dream Season UF)

4) Click the "Compare" button

5) Compare the selected bows - compare pictures, specs, reviews, pros & cons, ratings, and prices

If you want a quick example how it looks like here is a quick link (comparing 2008 Mathews DXT vs. 2010 Hoyt Alphamax 32 (Z3 Cam) vs. 2009 Elite Z28): http://compoundbowchoice.com/tools/c...&m2=115&v2=203

Can you please have a look and provide your feedback in this thread. Do you like this tool? If so, what do you like exactly. If not, what could be improved? We worked very hard to put it all together and we are more than happy to further improve this particular tool.

P.S. Stay tuned, more unique archery tools & services are coming. We are very excited about delivering even more useful services soon.

Dave

Guys, if you have some time please review this tool and provide your feedback. We want to make it even better for everyone to use.

Thanks!

Dave

Maybe it's just me but, every time I'm at the compare screen and click "Choose manufacturer", it lists nothing.
    Be good or be good at it.

I just did a compare with a Bowtech Sentinel, Hoyt Maxxis and PSE VXL.
    Overall I like this a lot. I am a bit of a nerd and keep a running spread sheet on bows I've tested...so I really like the concept. I did read the review of the VXL and it noted the bare bow vibe. For me that was a con and I would have liked to see it there. There are categories that are important to me...type of wall (limb stop vs cable (and if cable 1 or 2), noise, vibration, draw cycle, how easy does it tune, fit and finish...etc). If there was a way to compare these. I assign a number (lets say 10) to the best drawing bow I've felt and try to rate the others off that....just so I have reference point. Not sure if this reads like the ramblings of a nerd...

Anyway...I would definately use what you have set up as a starting point for myself. Very nice.

I did just go back and look at some other bows. There is very nice detail. I like that the Judge draw cycle is listed as smooth but stiff. I like that the vibe and kick were noted. The more I play with the program the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Maybe it's just me but, every time I'm at the compare screen and click "Choose manufacturer", it lists nothing.
    same here
    Katera XL 60#/30
    QAD,Bow Rattler, Winner's Choice,B-Stinger,Goldtip, TRU Ball
    Carbon Matrix Plus 60#/30
    B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1

Quote Originally Posted by VNVGUNNER View Post
    same here
    Can you tell me what kind of browser you use and exact version please? We will investigate and fix.

Quote Originally Posted by alaz View Post
    I did just go back and look at some other bows. There is very nice detail. I like that the Judge draw cycle is listed as smooth but stiff. I like that the vibe and kick were noted. The more I play with the program the more I like it.
    Thanks Alaz! More useful tools and services to come. Please stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow_Explorer View Post
    Can you tell me what kind of browser you use and exact version please? We will investigate and fix.
    Windows Internet Explorer
    Katera XL 60#/30

Windows Internet Explorer
    Can you also provide the exact version of Internet Explorer?

Here is how:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5036849_out-...rer-using.html

Thanks!

Can you also provide the exact version of Internet Explorer?

Here is how:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5036849_out-...rer-using.html

Thanks!
    Explorer 7
    Katera XL 60#/30

Default Fixed!

Explorer 7
    VNVGUNNER, BuckeyeRed - Thanks a lot for your feedback - you helped us to identify an issue - the tool did not work properly with Internet Explorer 7 or less.

Can you please check now and confirm everything is OK and it works for you now? Just to double check. And please provide your feedback about the tool if you have a spare minute.

Once again thanks for identifying this little glitch - it should be fixed now!

Dave

Thumbs up

Took about 15 seconds for the pics of the bows to load but overall very very nice to have that available to look at side by side ..saves alot of time flipping between brochures and catalogues...Only thing left to do would be load more bow makers and models into that app...
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

www.trinityarchery.com trinity archery's Avatar

That is a pretty cool deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Took about 15 seconds for the pics of the bows to load but overall very very nice to have that available to look at side by side ..saves alot of time flipping between brochures and catalogues...Only thing left to do would be load more bow makers and models into that app...
    I promise we will work hard on getting it done! This one of our main priorities!

Dave

VNVGUNNER, BuckeyeRed - Thanks a lot for your feedback - you helped us to identify an issue - the tool did not work properly with Internet Explorer 7 or less.

Can you please check now and confirm everything is OK and it works for you now? Just to double check. And please provide your feedback about the tool if you have a spare minute.

Once again thanks for identifying this little glitch - it should be fixed now!

Dave
    Works Sweeeeet.
    Katera XL 60#/30

Default Another tool and powerful way of selecting/comparing

By the way, we have another tool called compound bow selector. These two tolls (comparator and selector) are integrated. This gives it even more power. You can use it the following way:

1) go to the Selector tool (http://compoundbowchoice.com/reviews/ or http://compoundbowchoice.com/for-sale/)
    2) specify the criteria (brace height, IBO, DL, DW, AtA, price, brand, etc.)
    3) Click the 'Find' button
    4) Once you see the results: have a look at the left hand side of the result table. See some checkboxes? Here we go, you can check the bows from the search result set and click the compare button at the top or at the bottom of the results table.
    5) you will be redirected to the Comparator tool with the bows you just selected from the selector window.

This technique is even more powerful in my opinion.

P.S. Please note that our selector (as opposed to comparator) tool also works at the version level - when you see search results on the right hand side you see specs - thiese specs are exact matches for your search. In other words, if a model X has two versions (say 2009 and 2010) and the brace height changed from 6.5 to 7.0 in 2010 and you selected 7 in the selector you will see the specs for the matched version. In other words, this is a very accurate selector at the version level. Hope it all makes sense.

Dave

I promise we will work hard on getting it done! This one of our main priorities!

Dave
    Just remember to get 8 hrs of sleep, eat 3 squares a day and take your vites too...
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Just remember to get 8 hrs of sleep, eat 3 squares a day and take your vites too...
    Don't remember the last day i slept for 8 hours :-)

Also the 16 hours quote takes into account weekends. All in all, i would say i personally have 2 working weeks in 1 week: 40 hours - full time job and at least 40 hours - this website for archers. Other guys from the team sleep a bit more :-)

Dave

Great set of tools!
    Do you have any plans to load up more of the longer ATA "target" bows?
    Thanks for building this.