You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tech question

I line mine up with fletching but only for 1 reason..............To have them all INDEXED the same. Take 3 fixed blades and set the blades all at different positions and tell me how they fly.

Quote Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
    Hmmm... Very interested.
    OK, went to his house (church)....talked to the man (God).....

Still waiting for a responce, but in the mean time, rereading the previous post's may bring you up to speed.

For the life of me I can't figure out why guys are so scared of moving their rest. It's like if they move it they will never get it back to where they started if they screwed up. Make a mark.........move the rest. If it doesn't get better move it back to the mark..............Wow rocket science

OK..so what if some BH's hit with my FT's fine, but others won't? My Rage and Slick Tricks shoot with my FT's, but if I screw on a bigger blade like a Stinger, it isn't anywhere close.
    Hook 'Em Horns

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    OK, went to his house (church)....talked to the man (God).....

Still waiting for a responce, but in the mean time, rereading the previous post's may bring you up to speed.
    I reread how you were contradicting yourself... I like your second answer better
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hutchies View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why guys are so scared of moving their rest. It's like if they move it they will never get it back to where they started if they screwed up. Make a mark.........move the rest. If it doesn't get better move it back to the mark..............Wow rocket science

Me niether

I line mine up with fletching but only for 1 reason..............To have them all INDEXED the same. Take 3 fixed blades and set the blades all at different positions and tell me how they fly.
    Are you saying that broadhead blade alignment doesn't matter, you do it just so they will all be the same?

Hey Tmax,

What Hutchies is doing is making sure that his arrows are all the same. If they aren't and you have a problem, you'll never know where to start the fix-your-problem process. Remember the old saying: Change only one thing at a time. Then you will know if that change is good or not.

Cheers

Phil aka tazzman

guess I have been doing it wrong for a long time. I get my arrows flying good with field points. take them out put them in a box throw them on my work brench. screw in broad heads that weigh the same. resight bow. couple of hours I'm dead on the spot. after hunting season put field points in and resight bow. why worry about were the field points impact. you dont hunt with them.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Quote Originally Posted by tazzman View Post
    Hey Tmax,

What Hutchies is doing is making sure that his arrows are all the same. If they aren't and you have a problem, you'll never know where to start the fix-your-problem process. Remember the old saying: Change only one thing at a time. Then you will know if that change is good or not.

Cheers

Phil aka tazzman

You hit the nail on the head.........I just want them all exactly the same. Whether my main blade is at 1, 2, or 3 o'clock..........I don't think the alignment matters so much as the consistancy of them all being indexed the same.

You hit the nail on the head.........I just want them all exactly the same. Whether my main blade is at 1, 2, or 3 o'clock..........I don't think the alignment matters so much as the consistancy of them all being indexed the same.
    The beauty of a 3 blade BH is that any accumulated lift generated by the blades is the same and in the same direction reguardless of their orientation for a given situation. If anybody is looking to split hairs they are much better off marking the spine (weak or strong point) of their arrows and indexing that point relative to some other axis. Now 2 blade BH's are another matter....

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    OK..so what if some BH's hit with my FT's fine, but others won't? My Rage and Slick Tricks shoot with my FT's, but if I screw on a bigger blade like a Stinger, it isn't anywhere close.
    Really? I have used Magnus Stingers for three years and shot three diff bows they all have hit just bout hole for hole out to 50 yards as FPS. May not look like it but those dudes will fly and so sharp if you smell them your nose bleeds!
    TEXHOMABOWHUNTER PRO SHOP
    DURANT OK,
    PSE SHOP SHOOTER
    TRU-BALL SIGHTS-RELEASES
    GOLDTIP ARROWS

i see a bunch of variables -

1. its a brand new bow, new set up.. How do i know that my rest was right to begin with, could it be that my pins are all wrong too?

Here's another thing we discovered... helical. some arrows have more than others and this does affect how the broadhead flies.

Too much spine is a problem. My bow is a 45# max and 400 spine does not fly right out of it.

my solution for the time being is - Use the arrows that hit the x and forget the others.

Thanks for all the advice... i will look into all of this more when i get done hunting.. Right now its working and i really dont want to make any adjustments.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg