You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Question

Question Question

I just got a new bow and it came with a single pin sight. I will really only use my bow for deer hunting. I was wondering what yardage i should set this pin at? I know this seems like a silly question. thanks in advance for the help.

Default Pin

I set mine on 25yrds.

Any deer closer than 20yrds. I put the pin on bottom of chest.

20 to 30 yrds. Dead on.

30 to 40 yrds I place the pin a little high at 35yrds and on top of back at 40yrds.

Surprisingly accurate.

Yotes were at 12yrds and 36yrds. Small targets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

thanks for the help I was thinking 20 but now that you explained it i like 25 right not i have set at 30 and it was okay until i started shooting in closer and realized how low i had to aim. So after I get out of class I am going to set that pin at 25. thanks again

I also set mine at 25 yds, but my bow is slow compared to many, only 235 fps. So, at 20 yds I hold ~ 6" low, dead on at 25 yds, ~6" high at 30 yds, but at 40 yds I don't shoot unless I reset the sight to 40 yds, otherwise I would have to hold ~15"-18" high and that is too much guesswork. At 40 yds I feel there should be enough time to reset the sight & hold dead on. If you have a fast bow, your vertical variation would be closer.
    "A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400
    1965 Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve 50lb, 52", Original Bear Quiver & Cedar Arrows

I'd think 25 is fine. I also could live with 20.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.