You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any thoughts on the 2011 Mathews line up?

Seemed like a fairly under whelming effort. Sure there is a good overall line up and virtually a Z7 in every possible configuration but, eh. I shot the Z7 Xtreme, its a real nice bow, but worth selling a Z7 for? Maybe Mathews decided to save a better effort for their 20th ann. Next yr?
    Be good or be good at it.

I think there is something there for everyone. I can't wait to shoot the Z7 Magnum and the Z7EZ. My SBXT is going to be to be 5 and it may be time to replace it as primary bow. We will see how the new bows compare to my baby.

"HONDA"

something for everyone if you like 32 inch or less axle to axle for a hunting bow.
    07 Hoyt 38Ultra 62# 27.5"
    06 Hoyt UltraElite 50# 27.5

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I think there is something there for everyone. I can't wait to shoot the Z7 Magnum and the Z7EZ. My SBXT is going to be to be 5 and it may be time to replace it as primary bow. We will see how the new bows compare to my baby.
    The eZ7 should do it for you then, Drenalin style cam w/ reverse assist and more speed. And if it's anything like it's Z7 brother, it'll be quieter as well.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

i would have no problem at all buying a new mathews but i wasnt impressed with their new lineup at all. guess i will stick with my brand bow for now.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

wow, Really
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I wonder if we'll see something at the dealer show in December. I was waiting for a longer ATA monster.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
    I wonder if we'll see something at the dealer show in December. I was waiting for a longer ATA monster.
    A 36/37" Monster w/ Monster 7 cams would be fricken awesome.

I have had every bow mathews put out the last 2 yrs. from the Reezen, Z7, Triumph Conquest 4 and the Monster 7. My opinion is the Monster 7 is the best target bow mathews has put out in a while. But if Mathews doesnt come out with a 2 cam longer A2A, then i might have to switch to hoyt. 2 cams hold better for me.

don't think it would be worth selling your Z7, I plan on keeping mine and buying a Z7 Xtreme, i love short bows for hunting....but i'll sell my DXT...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    A 36/37" Monster w/ Monster 7 cams would be fricken awesome.
    Would love to see that.
    Katera XL 60#/30
    QAD,Bow Rattler, Winner's Choice,B-Stinger,Goldtip, TRU Ball
    Carbon Matrix Plus 60#/30
    B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1

I'm just going to stay with the Original Z7. But on the lookout for a nice target bow.

Jerry Whittington

only thing they came out with was modified z7's what a joke

I can see improving on the Z7. But, almost a whole line of Z7?

Eliteist

same over-rated, WAY over-priced ugly waffle iron boat anchors as last year. other companies have lowered price tags this year.. they raised theirs. do the math. they will sell. they have advertising that hypes up their product, and thats the only reason they sell.

I always hear people coming in saying "i wont touch any bow unless its a mathews."

they buy their following. they can keep their bows. I will stick to what works, shoots nice, and looks appealing.

the monster is ok looking, the monster7 is still ugly. draws hard. vibrates. and is a good bit louder than many other speed bows. (look how quiet the bowtech center pivots are..)
    No bow. Just accessories laying around
    HHA,NAP,Octane

gotta love the slams, if you don't own one, shouldn't comment on it

i kept my Z7 and just picked up a Z7 Xtreme, to me, Mathews is at the top of the pile, and thats why they outsell every manufacturer out there, there is a reason for that....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    same over-rated, WAY over-priced ugly waffle iron boat anchors as last year. other companies have lowered price tags this year.. they raised theirs. do the math. they will sell. they have advertising that hypes up their product, and thats the only reason they sell.

I always hear people coming in saying "i wont touch any bow unless its a mathews."

they buy their following. they can keep their bows. I will stick to what works, shoots nice, and looks appealing.

the monster is ok looking, the monster7 is still ugly. draws hard. vibrates. and is a good bit louder than many other speed bows. (look how quiet the bowtech center pivots are..)
    I disagree, looks is a matter of opinion. Some hate it, most obviously liked it. The Z7 broke every sales record in Mathews history.

As far as your statements on the M7.. In what universe Bowtech center pivot are you comparing the M7 to in anywhere near the same speed category??

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I disagree, looks is a matter of opinion. Some hate it, most obviously liked it. The Z7 broke every sales record in Mathews history.

As far as your statements on the M7.. In what universe Bowtech center pivot are you comparing the M7 to in anywhere near the same speed category??
    Burns will always be Burns......

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post

Voicing an opinion on equipment is fine, but to slam a product publicly is disrespect to the sport. You can shoot what you want, and that is the sweet thing about archery in general today – being that there is so much to choose from and for the most part will shoot lights out today no matter what brand it is.

I just think that for the folks first getting into the sport that product slams on the internet from comments as yours just drives progress in a negative way.

For the most part the Monster 7 is probably one of the best all around balanced shooting bows for Mathews as far as mass size, speed, accuracy and forgiveness. This has been a common opinion amongst some of the better shooters that have been exposed to various models that came out of their doors.

Just my opinion on this issue

JDX--
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Eliteist

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Burns will always be Burns......
    and a hoosier will always be someone posing to be an archer. whats your point?

sorry, i am getting sick of a lot of stuff
    No bow. Just accessories laying around
    HHA,NAP,Octane