You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default 30X new, 30X old, and XXX question.....

I gave serious thought to trying the triple x's arrows last year, but stayed with my 30x arrows. Looking again at the XXX's, but I guess I need a little clarification on new vs old as far as weight.

So I ordered some new nibs for my 30x's and found out there are two different 30x arrows....older ones like mine weigh around 10.4 gpi...but it appears that they went to a new "ultralight" arrow maybe last year that weighs less ??

So I guess my question for and Goldtip gurus is...are there different gpi weights in the XXX line...and if not, what do the new 30x and XXX weigh ??

Any and all info appreciated, I can't get on the Goldtip website, my work computer deems it as a "weapons" site, go figure...

Both the XXX arrows weigh in at 9.3 gpi and both the 30x arrows weigh in at 8.5 gpi.

When I say both I mean the pro version and then the regular version.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Jerry Whittington

the 30X lites wiegh 8.5 the orginal 30x's are the heavy ones

Yeah, I have the "originals", I believe they weigh 10.4 gpi. So even if I go with the Triple XXX's, I'm still gonna stay around the same weight. Thanks

Anyone have any spine issues with the Triple vs 30x ? are they fairly close ?