You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ohansolo View Post
    Supermag,
    Let me tell you that wolves would never be introduced to PA because we the people would not let it happen and if it did happen we would be sure to vote those responsible out and elect people that have a clue what an ecosystem is.

I do under stand what he is talking about and I agree that something needs to be done. And they should be able to control there herd just as we do with white tail in pa. I do under stand that the introduction of a non-native species Is the rape of that habitat.
    I however do not think that people 3000 miles away are to blame nor do i point to people in Wy, Mt, Id, not knowing what is going on in the country as being the problem hear in PA.

Have a problem with activist groups? fine, then it has NOTHING to do with us easterners not knowing what is going on in the country.

I have demonstrated what I have done to right the wrongs in pa. Can you say that you or Mtbowhunter have done the same in your own state. If you have good but don't go blaming your problems on people 3000 miles away.
    Instead ask for help, let us know who to contact and we will do what we can. That would be the way to make the voice of protest against these delays louder and wider spread.

I was unaware that anyone was saying that timber wolves are endangered.
    Go to northern Canada and you will see that they clearly are not.
    You and the people of PA will have absolutely no say in the matter if they decide to release wolves there. The people of MT, ID and WY said no and fought hard against it happening because they knew what was coming. This is all the doing of the federal government without state support or authorization (the wolves were released in Yellowstone National Park, which is federal land). In fact, from what I've heard, WY still refuses to play any ball with the feds on this issue and the WY F&G will not enforce the protection of wolves in the state.

Next time, please take the time to read what I wrote and don't confuse other people blaming you for me blaming you for other states problems, I don't appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    You and the people of PA will have absolutely no say in the matter if they decide to release wolves there. The people of MT, ID and WY said no and fought hard against it happening because they knew what was coming. This is all the doing of the federal government without state support or authorization (the wolves were released in Yellowstone National Park, which is federal land). In fact, from what I've heard, WY still refuses to play any ball with the feds on this issue and the WY F&G will not enforce the protection of wolves in the state.

Next time, please take the time to read what I wrote and don't confuse other people blaming you for me blaming you for other states problems, I don't appreciate it.
    You should take your own advice. I didn't say you did anything. I was commenting on the post saying people in the east were indifferent. The problem i have with what you posted Is that you think people out hear have no clue what an invasive apex predator can do to an ecosystem. Or at least that is what your We will just have to let wolves go in pa comment was implying.

And what Nat. park in Pa would they try to introduce them in?

If F&G will not protect the wolves then why not shoot any found outside the park? surly your state can make them an animal that is able to be hunted

In any case My point remains and Mtbowhunter seemed to get what I and others were talking about. and now people are asking questions about what they can do to help. So can we stop arguing about it Because I care much more about the wolf situation then i do about what you do or do not appreciate.

The best way to take action at this moment is to call your congressmen’s office and let them know you are strongly supporting the delisting of wolves from the endangered species list.

Bill Clinton nominated judge Malloy into power as the US district court judge while he was in office. Malloy is responsible for more liberal actions then you could imagine such as stopping timber cutting on national forest lands{Which is dyeing in vast parts of the Northwest due to pine beadle. If loggers were able to cut tracts of timber out of national forest this would greatly slow the progress of pine beadle} Stopping timber cutting in large areas in OR and WA because of the spotted owl, proven later to be not affected by timber harvesting.
    I could go on and on about Malloy, the fact will remain he is a liberal and liberal groups turn to him for action on their cause. Liberal groups turned to him to put wolves back on the endangered species list, to which he obliged.
    When wolves were introduced it was illegal and covered up by congress. You can read all about this in internet postings by Jim Beers {Former head of the US Fish and Wildlife Service} Then the action was stated to reach a limit of 10 breading pares of wolves. This was later changed to 12 breading pares. The number of breading pares now stand at around 120 in the northwest. What constitutes a breading pare is a sustainable large number of packs in a limited area. An area of hundreds of square miles could be a given size.
    Action at this time probably will not occur due to time restraints and could possibly drag on for at least two more years because of Malloys ruleing.

Hunting outfitters are planning a rally on the town square in Jackson in mid-March 2010 to call attention to declining elk herds and hunting opportunities around Yellowstone National Park that they blame on wolf depredation.

{The following is from the Salt Lake Tribune}
    Just published days ago:
    Billings, Mont. • Lawmakers from the Northern Rockies say pending bills aimed at getting gray wolves off the endangered species list have little chance of passage this year.
    A time crunch, coupled with unresolved partisan differences on the issue, means several wolf bills introduced in the lead-up to the election are likely to die without action.
    With only a few working weeks left in the 111th Congress, attention is focused on a few major items, including unemployment, Medicare and nuclear proliferation.
    “If they’re under the gun for all these issues, they’re not going to want to gum things up with a controversial issue like wolves,” said Brad Hoaglun, a spokesman for Idaho Republican Sen. James Risch.
    He said it was “highly unlikely” any of several wolf bills will advance.
    Representatives of lawmakers from Wyoming, Idaho and Montana said that leaves little room to make their case that the wolf population is strong enough to withstand proposed public hunts.
    The legislation could be reintroduced next year.
    More than 1,700 wolves now inhabit Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Oregon. They were taken off the endangered list in 2007 and again last year, but then re-listed both times under court order following lawsuits from wildlife advocates. {this information from the Salt Lake Tribune} This is just the latest info I could find.
    Spend some time on the net learning about how the wolves are impacting the west and write some letters to the editor in regional papers about it. There is many ways to get involved.
    Its Time to take action!
    mtbowhunter.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

What have YOU done to help yourself other than write some letters to people who obviously don't give a ....?

I got a predator call and a couple of rifles...just need an address.

I'll say this, hunting on Sundays is illegal in the state of VA, but I have been known to be in the woods "scouting" on Sundays. If I am ever busted for "scouting" on Sundays I would gladly pay the price, with the knowledge that it would be in the media almost immediately because it's a law base on a religious principle. I would never advocate that someone break the law, but you have to ask yourself when enough is enough. A man has to do what a man has to do.

It's good to write letters to get the opinions of the people into the minds of the law makers (especially since MT seems to not give a flip about what the federal government thinks...i.e, their new firearm laws), but more effective are actions that bring the media into the mix. If you have a pet that is attacked by wolves or dissapears and can be attributed to wolves, or a rancher looses cattle due to wolves, file a law suit against the feds and any other organization that blocks the efforts to control the wolf population. Get the media involved in the case. I know I live in VA, but I haven't heard of one single protest by the people of MT to control the wolf population, because your not calling enough attention to the problem. Have you contacted the RMEF? Huge resource right there, and they can sympathize with your plight.

The first time a person is attacked, their needs to be immediate legal action taken.

Above all, do your research, use their laws and rules against them. MAKE people do their job and answer for their actions or in-actions.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

The post by pred8er is one I have trouble commenting on.
    Posting such comments are not conducive to good nature in combating the real problem. If people go out and shoot wolves and get caught they will go to jail. Its just not worth it. Wolves are a federally protected species.{although I know the shooting of wolves is happening all across the NW and that is a step people take on their own}

Your thoughts on getting the media involved are happening, but they don’t go very far in stopping federal injunctions presented by liberals to stop the legal hunting of a species. The best way to get action is by having your congressmen support the actions when they come up for a vote.

Your comment suggested I am full of shear stupidity. Well your comments speak for yourself in your self-centered claims. Come on out and shoot away. Its your choice.

Default update

Here is a little update on the wolves in NW.
    First and foremost,,,, WE GOT RID OF JUDGE MALLOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is the biggest victory we could ever get. He was forced out by Id, Wy, and MT's governers putting pressure on Washington. He was forced out because of his aimless ruling on wolves. As a matter of fact the same org.s that kept him in power for so long are now sueing the Oboma adm. to put a plan together to put wolves in ALL 50 US STATES!!!!!!!! Yes boys they are comming after your deer next if they get their way!

Yesterday I was asking permission for some coyote hunting. The rancher is on the board or the Ruby grazing assn. Last year they lost 86 calves and 38 cows to wolf predation! Thats bovine cows that are protected not to be eaten by wolfs. Immigane how many elk and mule deer that were eaten in the same area.

Hopefully we can change the tide before its too late!! Its gonna take sionide.