You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Did you ever wonder?

Why is there so much about Drama in archery, I donít think thereís a day that doesnít go by someone isnít whining or having a personal issue. Is it an age thing from youngsters to old folks being involved?

Really who cares what someone said, a company designed, a person wanted or bought and or what brand name or type of bow, arrow release or sight they have a interest in.

If we try to run people off, then we really arenít any better then the victim and for the most part folks come to these sites for a reason and that is to socialize, ask what some folks think are dumb questions and to learn and improve. The biggest issue we have today versus 10 years ago is the lack of respect for other archers and the acceptance to slam and agitate others versus helping and general communications.

Only my opinion
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
    Why is there so much about Drama in archery, I donít think thereís a day that doesnít go by someone isnít whining or having a personal issue. Is it an age thing from youngsters to old folks being involved?

Really who cares what someone said, a company designed, a person wanted or bought and or what brand name or type of bow, arrow release or sight they have a interest in.

If we try to run people off, then we really arenít any better then the victim and for the most part folks come to these sites for a reason and that is to socialize, ask what some folks think are dumb questions and to learn and improve. The biggest issue we have today versus 10 years ago is the lack of respect for other archers and the acceptance to slam and agitate others versus helping and general communications.

Only my opinion
    without a doubt the best thread on this site
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Only my opinion
    The more posts of yours I read, the more I think your a pretty smart fella........even if you do shoot a Mathews. OH CRAP wait I shoot a Mathews too.

"HONDA"

For the most part I think its the whole computer thing. people will say all kinds of stuff because no one knows who they are. I generally never type anything I wouldnt tell someone to there face but thats just me. Or it could be that no one has anything smart to say about an question someone posts that they feel the need to bash whatever the thread or a comment in it is about to make themselves feel better, smarter, or whatever
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I don't do face book but I hear stories about what people do and say and if it is true there is no drama on any archery sites compared to the gossip sites.

I have to know what all the other archers are doing so that I can decide if I want to use the same equipment or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    For the most part I think its the whole computer thing. people will say all kinds of stuff because no one knows who they are. I generally never type anything I wouldnt tell someone to there face but thats just me. Or it could be that no one has anything smart to say about an question someone posts that they feel the need to bash whatever the thread or a comment in it is about to make themselves feel better, smarter, or whatever

If I said everything I wanted to say to there face I'ld be banned by 9 am.

Only my opinion

Excellent point.
    Katera XL 60#/30
    QAD,Bow Rattler, Winner's Choice,B-Stinger,Goldtip, TRU Ball
    Carbon Matrix Plus 60#/30
    B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1

Default Really

What sport doesnt have drama?

Golf look at Tiger Woods. College football and the net.

Dont even get me started on softball or baseball, some treat baseball as a religion.

Just human nature when we are so passionate about something to dissagree and have drama. Often it just talk and not that big of deal.
    DB

Internet has brought far more folks into archery than ran away. Communacations can be a good thing.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    What sport doesnt have drama?

Golf look at Tiger Woods. College football and the net.

Dont even get me started on softball or baseball, some treat baseball as a religion.

Just human nature when we are so passionate about something to dissagree and have drama. Often it just talk and not that big of deal.
    DB

Internet has brought far more folks into archery than ran away. Communacations can be a good thing.
    Goodness, that twice in one day I've had to agree with ya DB.

that's got to be some kind of a record

I think the drama-bone is connected to the gossip-bone,
    the gossip-bone is connected to the envy-bone,
    the envy-bone is connected to the entitlement-bone,
    the entitlement-bone is connected to the I'm-special-bone......

You get the idea. 90% of archery internet guys are great forum contributors and 10% suck, just like 10% of non-internet forum archers suck the life out of a shooting group, club etc. . Its life. Some guys whine steady most go with the flow.
    One thing I hate is that some guys who may dis-agree about an issue are on the forums for 10 hours a day. So they have to have a rebuttal for every guy who has an opinion opposite of theirs. It really wrecks the forum experience.

I don't care about who sold their bow and why, or why you think D.C. should be banned from archery forever, who PSE is gonna steal next.... blah blah blah

I just wish I could find time to shoot indoors a couple more times a week. This shooting one night a week sucks.
    In a better world, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would be the name of a convenience store and not the name of a govenment agency.

Cricket Spitting Champ

If we try to run people off, then we really arenít any better then the victim and for the most part folks come to these sites for a reason and that is to socialize, ask what some folks think are dumb questions and to learn and improve. The biggest issue we have today versus 10 years ago is the lack of respect for other archers and the acceptance to slam and agitate others versus helping and general communications.Only my opinion
    The last part of your post is the most over looked! I feel that many are in fictional world when they are online, so they feel they can say and behave anyway they want, with no regard for others. The amazing part is when they are told they are behaving in an inapropriate manor......they are suprised.

I can not speak for Chris, but I believe he does not want this place to be the landing zone for misfit toys. What has been the main topic for conversation here this past week? AT has been the main topic, maybe he should make a section for that, so that those who would like to talk about archery can do so. How is a forum such as this suppose to attract sponsors and new members?

OK now you can bash me.....or give me a hug

there's your hug.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies