You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Z9 vs. Elite XLR.

anyone have any ideas on these bows? i have a 31.5 in draw length and will be using it for hunting as well as 3d shoots. both look pretty close in specs, prices etc.. i really like the elite warranty and hunt guarantee, but i have no experience in either mathews or elite. thanks jason.

Default Honestly

I shot Mathews for many years. Elite bows are diffiantly the better bows in my opionion and your right the warranty excellant.

Think you will be amazed at the XLR performance and feel. Good back wall and with your long draw it will have enough speed.

I just ordered a 2011 Tour bow which is 38" axle to axle for my 3d bow and indoor bow.

Customer service and warranty blows everone else away.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Agree with everything DB just said and the draw cycle on the XLR will be better than that of the Z9. I believe the Elites are of better quality and definately the best warranty on the market.
    Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
    ,Bohning vanes

Awesome, thanks guys. my bowtech is heading for craigslist today! I see an Anthracite finish XLR in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
    Agree with everything DB just said and the draw cycle on the XLR will be better than that of the Z9. I believe the Elites are of better quality and definately the best warranty on the market.
    Not saying the XLR is not a great bow but..exactly how can you make that statement??? Nobody will even be able to lay hands on a Z9 till after the dealer show...Always good to cheerlead tho.
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Not saying the XLR is not a great bow but..exactly how can you make that statement??? Nobody will even be able to lay hands on a Z9 till after the dealer show...Always good to cheerlead tho.
    Hmmm........

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Good call! I had a 2010 XLR with the rev cam and it was a nice bow, just not for me. I have shot the z7 and if the z9 is anything like it on the draw I have a hard time believing that the cycle will be smoother. They are 2 completely different beasts shoot them both and then decide
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

who knows i have a friend who shoots a Z7 and he shot my Z28 thought it was smoother than his Z7 i shot his Z7 and thought it was smoother than my Z28 go figure maybe we were just used to what we had and something feeling different put it in our heads each others was smoother

Quote Originally Posted by smokeetr17 View Post
    anyone have any ideas on these bows? i have a 31.5 in draw length and will be using it for hunting as well as 3d shoots. both look pretty close in specs, prices etc.. i really like the elite warranty and hunt guarantee, but i have no experience in either mathews or elite. thanks jason.
    Jason, you are looking to compare apples to oranges: 37" to 30" axle to axle and Single vs 2 Track Binary. Generally speaking, w/ your draw length, the longer axle to axle would be a better fit for you. As stated, test drive both if you can and then shoot what you feel is better for you.
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja