You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Who has shot a WSOA round?

How long does a round take?

Is it any fun to shoot?

Would it make a good round for a weekly league? We run a 450 round half the league and a 5 spot the rest, how could you fit a WSOA round in with the regular spot rounds

Seems this game is based on a one winner per game, just trying to see how we could fit this game in and still keep a running score throughout the whole league with one winner at the end of the season.

We're on week 3 here.

We had started with a half 5 spot round, and were about to move on to full round, when I introduced the crew to the WSOA game.

So far everyone likes it... can get a round shot in much less time than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    How long does a round take?

Is it any fun to shoot?

Would it make a good round for a weekly league? We run a 450 round half the league and a 5 spot the rest, how could you fit a WSOA round in with the regular spot rounds

Seems this game is based on a one winner per game, just trying to see how we could fit this game in and still keep a running score throughout the whole league with one winner at the end of the season.
    Since the highest qualifiying score does not determine the winner, what we did at our league, everyone threw in $5 before we shot. We posted the qualifying score for league purposes and use the one arrow portion of the event for the money winner. It was like having two events. The one arrow winner did not get any extral league points other than his qualifying score. The majority of our shooters prefer the vegas and 5 spot
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

I will add, we are still a bit confused as to the scoring. Thankfully, we haven't had any 2 shooters that close to one another to apply the new math.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    Since the highest qualifiying score does not determine the winner, what we did at our league, everyone threw in $5 before we shot. We posted the qualifying score for league purposes and use the one arrow portion of the event for the money winner. It was like having two events. The one arrow winner did not get any extral league points other than his qualifying score. The majority of our shooters prefer the vegas and 5 spot
    I don't think I could get a lot of people to kick in the extra bucks on the last arrow.

Without the last arrow it's really only a short 5 spot round.......I don't think it would fly without the last arrow but the scoring with the arrow doesn't fit into a league setting.

Open for idea's.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    I will add, we are still a bit confused as to the scoring. Thankfully, we haven't had any 2 shooters that close to one another to apply the new math.
    I am not real sure we scored it right. A shooter can have a score 100 points more than anyone else and still lose. It's the final arrow that determines the winner.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

From the Quickstart guide:

Greatest scoring emphasis on final score will be the Closest to Center Final Arrow
    score. (Ex. An 11-350 beats a 10-352 )

Ok... but, is there a point where that cuts off(so to speak)?

I mean, using that logic, will an 9-299 beat an 8 340?

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    From the Quickstart guide:

Greatest scoring emphasis on final score will be the Closest to Center Final Arrow
    score. (Ex. An 11-350 beats a 10-352 )

Ok... but, is there a point where that cuts off(so to speak)?

I mean, using that logic, will an 9-299 beat an 8 340?
    I think 9-299 would win.

So a guy could skip the whole round and show up for the last arrow, shoot a 11 and still win if nobody else got a 11.

Sounds the round would be a fun for a one time round to get the gang together and win a little money, but might not be suitable for a weekly league.

Cricket Spitting Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    So a guy could skip the whole round and show up for the last arrow, shoot a 11 and still win if nobody else got a 11.

Sounds the round would be a fun for a one time round to get the gang together and win a little money, but might not be suitable for a weekly league.
    Yes and No

We shoot this round in our league and it works very well. We shoot a three week rotation.....5 spot, vegas, and the WSOA. This breaks up the weeks very nicely.

You could shoot 32 zeros, then an 11 on the final arrow and make the shoot off.........if your final arrow is in the top half of the field. If you are tied on a final arrow the 32 arrows shot before the final arrow are used for the tie breaker.

During the shoot off or eliminations rounds, you are shooting head to head, not against the field. All you need to do is beat one archer to move on to the next round of elimination. Kind of like the olympic finals.

We make a bracket based upon the amount of shooters. Usually about half make the elimination round. Those making the elimination round are paired randomly, by having a 3rd party draw score cards. We tried seeding, but this way seems to be more exciting.
    Last edited by Chequamegon; 12-10-2010 at 08:34 AM.