You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Default Been gone, & will be gone....

A few friends here sent me PM's inquiring where I have been.

The long and short of it is I'm deployed yet again, but unlike some of my previous BS deployments, this is a mission I can put my heart and soul into.
    Deep down in my the very fabric of my being I firmly believe, I'm truly doing something that will make an immediate and lasting tangible difference in peoples lives, both "over there" and "back home".

It's going to be a long haul, I will not be home again until next December at the earliest, but I was blessed (and wise enough) to bank up a huge pile of leave and managed to get my request approved to spend Christmas & New Years this year at home and even flew my Mother and GrandMother up for time.

The mission started out in Iraq, but when I leave here I'm hitting up some additional training in CONUS and then I'm being shifted to Afghanistan.

But until then, If anybody is near Sierra Vista, AZ in Jan. & Feb. drop me a line and we can get together and fling some arrows at the Huachuca Mountain Archers and Bowhunters range.

Peace, Out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

Stay safe, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Default prayers sent

thank you for what you do and god bless.

Smile Wish you well !

We'll be here on your return !

I thought you were a squid...what cha doin in the army get up?

When you get time give us some up dates on how your doing.

Good luck.

Thanks for your sacrifice

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    A few friends here sent me PM's inquiring where I have been.

The long and short of it is I'm deployed yet again, but unlike some of my previous BS deployments, this is a mission I can put my heart and soul into.
    Deep down in my the very fabric of my being I firmly believe, I'm truly doing something that will make an immediate and lasting tangible difference in peoples lives, both "over there" and "back home".

It's going to be a long haul, I will not be home again until next December at the earliest, but I was blessed (and wise enough) to bank up a huge pile of leave and managed to get my request approved to spend Christmas & New Years this year at home and even flew my Mother and GrandMother up for time.

The mission started out in Iraq, but when I leave here I'm hitting up some additional training in CONUS and then I'm being shifted to Afghanistan.

But until then, If anybody is near Sierra Vista, AZ in Jan. & Feb. drop me a line and we can get together and fling some arrows at the Huachuca Mountain Archers and Bowhunters range.

Peace, Out.
    you a SEAL Squid

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I thought you were a squid...
    I am thoroughly Squidly

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    what cha doin in the army get up?
    It's what "they" issued me

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    you a SEAL Squid
    While I am supporting a USSOCOM Joint Task Force Training Exercise I'm definitely NOT a SEAL, nor any other type of SF Operator. I love those SF folks, but my 40something year old knees and shoulders would never hold up to even one day of B.U.D.S. Training. (Keep in mind, I turned 35 years old in Boot Camp, and that was over 8 years ago.)
    SandSquid

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I am thoroughly Squidly

It's what "they" issued me

While I am supporting a USSOCOM Joint Task Force Training Exercise I'm definitely NOT a SEAL, nor any other type of SF Operator. I love those SF folks, but my 40something year old knees and shoulders would never hold up to even one day of B.U.D.S. Training. (Keep in mind, I turned 35 years old in Boot Camp, and that was over 8 years ago.)
    anyway go gert em and keep that head down and your knees on tha floor looking up
    God's divine hand of protection be upon you my firned

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Stay safe and Thank you for serving our country.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thanks for the kind wishes.

I do not wish to delve into "politics" and "war" here, but I do want to say, and this is straight from someone who has been there, and tasted sand, and sweat, and his own blood, and stood crying at the memorial services, and has missed 7 out of the 11 of his youngest daughters' birthdays, I can honestly say "it is worth it".
    SandSquid

Go with pride and Honor....Been there, done that. Like the old saying...
    "Freedom has a flavor that the protected will NEVER savor."
    Proud of what your doing and proud to know you....
    Bob

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they
    protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts
    they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Thanks for the kind wishes.

I do not wish to delve into "politics" and "war" here, but I do want to say, and this is straight from someone who has been there, and tasted sand, and sweat, and his own blood, and stood crying at the memorial services, and has missed 7 out of the 11 of his youngest daughters' birthdays, I can honestly say "it is worth it".

As a former service man I say...

I hope so because the price in human life and suffering is getting way to high IMHO

I hope the people recieving this gift of American blood appreciate it and use it to make a better world for everyone.

stay safe!