You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Need Strings?Get Proline! grey squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Posts
    34

    Thumbs up 2007 Elite Synergy............

    I've shot the Elite Synergy for a week now..........and I'm glad I purchased it.
    Made the "switch" from Mathews to Elite for the speed. This bow has no recoil, and is super fast. Rock solid back wall. The only thing I didn't like at first was the draw cycle, but once my muscles got used to it, no problem.
    Can't think of enough good things to say!! Great bow at a reasonable price.
    Mathews DXT PSE X-force 6
    ProLine Shooting Staff
    B-Stinger STAN SX2

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Welcome to the forum,

    I've been reading a little about that bow and it sounds very good. What kinds of speeds are you getting with it?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Oops, I didnt see the speed until now..WOW that thing is smokin fast for a 27" draw.

    I've ordered a Vulcan in a 27" draw, it will be interesting to compare the speeds between the 2 bows.

  4. #4
    Need Strings?Get Proline! grey squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Posts
    34

    Arrow Speeds

    Right now I'm getting 293 feet per second shooting at 66 lbs. I'm shooting an
    Easton ST Axis 500 weighing in at 348 grains.
    I switched from 100 grain tips to 75 grain tips so my arrow weight has dropped to 323. I haven't had a chance to chrony this arrow weight yet, but I'm hoping to break 300 fps with some type of configuration.
    I was hesitant at first about this bow, but I can honestly say that I am happy I made the decision to buy it. It's a sweet, super fast shooter for sure.
    Mathews DXT PSE X-force 6
    ProLine Shooting Staff
    B-Stinger STAN SX2

  5. #5
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Welcome to the forum...and good luck with the bow. It's always great gettin' new gear.


  6. #6
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey squirrel View Post
    Right now I'm getting 293 feet per second shooting at 66 lbs. I'm shooting an
    Easton ST Axis 500 weighing in at 348 grains.
    I switched from 100 grain tips to 75 grain tips so my arrow weight has dropped to 323. I haven't had a chance to chrony this arrow weight yet, but I'm hoping to break 300 fps with some type of configuration.
    I was hesitant at first about this bow, but I can honestly say that I am happy I made the decision to buy it. It's a sweet, super fast shooter for sure.
    Congrats on the new bow and Welcome to the forum my Hoosier friend. That speed of 293 at 27" is great. But I noticed after you lowered your point weight that it dropped you below the 5gpp @ 66# dw recommeded by most manufacturers. Please be careful your safety is not worth gaining 7 fps. Where is the shop you ordered your Elite form I live in Greene County and do not know of any shops around me???? Enjoy that new bow and be safe.


    "HONDA"

  7. #7
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey squirrel View Post
    Right now I'm getting 293 feet per second shooting at 66 lbs. I'm shooting an
    Easton ST Axis 500 weighing in at 348 grains.
    I switched from 100 grain tips to 75 grain tips so my arrow weight has dropped to 323. I haven't had a chance to chrony this arrow weight yet, but I'm hoping to break 300 fps with some type of configuration.
    I was hesitant at first about this bow, but I can honestly say that I am happy I made the decision to buy it. It's a sweet, super fast shooter for sure.
    Definitely switch back to 100 grain points! 5gpp is the absolute min you should ever be shooting and going lower can definitely cause issues and become a safety issue!

    btw - Be glad your not a lefty. Elite hates lefty's!
    No I'm not dead

  8. #8
    Need Strings?Get Proline! grey squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Posts
    34

    Red face good, safe advice guys

    Yeah, that's probably not good shooting under the recommended arrow weight. I'll probably switch to 85 grains. That will put me over the minimum arrow weight recommended. Thanks!
    Mathews DXT PSE X-force 6
    ProLine Shooting Staff
    B-Stinger STAN SX2

  9. #9

    Default


    Right now I'm getting 293 feet per second shooting at 66 lbs. I'm shooting an
    Easton ST Axis 500 weighing in at 348 grains.
    Have you tuned this bow? We're you able to get the axis 500 to paper tune and group? Seems like it would be underspined for the specs you are showing. If it is tuning and group well, then go for it.

    At 66# I would say you are border line between the 400 & 340 shaft. I didn't notice your draw length so that could play a part in this also.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  10. #10
    Need Strings?Get Proline! grey squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Posts
    34

    Smile

    Chris, the arrows are grouping real well out to 30 yards. That's as far as I've shot the bow so far. I haven't paper tuned yet, but plan on it next week.
    The owner of the shop where I bought the bow watched me shoot several times and he said the arrow was flying great. More to come.................
    Mathews DXT PSE X-force 6
    ProLine Shooting Staff
    B-Stinger STAN SX2

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I have had a synergy for about 2 monthes now all I can say is wow.I have a ross 334 also and I thought it was the most accurate bow I had ever shot.But I shoot the synergy better and the synergy is smoking fast and smooth one pin out to 35 yards.If you get a chance shoot one.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    champlin Minnesota
    Posts
    3

    Default Traded my Drenlin

    Just traded my Drenlin for this Bow,looks real good,what are your thoughts?

  13. #13
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wlee View Post
    Just traded my Drenlin for this Bow,looks real good,what are your thoughts?
    1st: u probably lost money , the Synergy goes for $649, I think the Mathews is a lot higher?

    As far as the bow, it's probaly faster but as far as draw cycle- a little more harsh, both should have little vibration or ahnd shock. Except for speed there is probaly not much diff. and the fact you gave $ away.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    champlin Minnesota
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I should have looked a round a little before I bought the Mathews. Elite is lefthanded,supposed to recieve it end of April.
    Last edited by wlee; 04-09-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: add coment

  15. #15
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wlee View Post
    I should have looked a round a little before I bought the Mathews. Elite is lefthanded,supposed to recieve it end of April.
    I did not know that Elite put out a left handed model of the Synergy.As far as I know they don't? Are you trading this with someone u know?
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  16. #16
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    I did not know that Elite put out a left handed model of the Synergy.As far as I know they don't? Are you trading this with someone u know?
    Who said they didn't have a left hand version of they Synergry?

    They don't have left handed Envy's and if you traded a used drenalin for a new Synergy I would say you got your money's worth depending on how shot in the drenalin is. Keep in mind Mathews released all their bows last year so his Drenalin could be 5 - 6 months old already
    No I'm not dead

  17. #17
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Who said they didn't have a left hand version of they Synergry?

    They don't have left handed Envy's and if you traded a used drenalin for a new Synergy I would say you got your money's worth depending on how shot in the drenalin is. Keep in mind Mathews released all their bows last year so his Drenalin could be 5 - 6 months old already
    I respectfully dissagree.......2-3 months at the most......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  18. #18
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Who said they didn't have a left hand version of they Synergry?

    They don't have left handed Envy's and if you traded a used drenalin for a new Synergy I would say you got your money's worth depending on how shot in the drenalin is. Keep in mind Mathews released all their bows last year so his Drenalin could be 5 - 6 months old already
    Like I said as far as I know they don't have a lefty, they are making them now (as in right now). All I was saying was that the price difference was probably $100 to $150.The Drenalin came out in shops late Jan.

    When I joned this site I did some looking around and it appears that you Dredly were well aware of the Synergy not coming Lefty
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  19. #19
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    Like I said as far as I know they don't have a lefty, they are making them now (as in right now). All I was saying was that the price difference was probably $100 to $150.The Drenalin came out in shops late Jan.

    When I joned this site I did some looking around and it appears that you Dredly were well aware of the Synergy not coming Lefty
    Envy, not Synergy. The Envy will not be produced in Lefty.

    I'm pretty certain that the Drenalin was released either in Nov or Dec but one of the Mathews guys can tell us the date I'm pretty sure.
    No I'm not dead

  20. #20
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Envy, not Synergy. The Envy will not be produced in Lefty.

    I'm pretty certain that the Drenalin was released either in Nov or Dec but one of the Mathews guys can tell us the date I'm pretty sure.
    It came out but was not available until the end of Dec, begining of Jan...
    I cut things up and split them down!

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 Elite Synergy 60-70# F/S
    By ALM0093 in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 06:08 PM
  2. 2007 Elite Synergy
    By targetshooter in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
  3. 2007 Elite Synergy
    By grey squirrel in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
  4. 2007 Elite Synergy
    By grey squirrel in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 10:27 PM
  5. 2007 Elite Synergy
    By BAArcher in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •