You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default 30 X arrow flight

I've got them cut to 27", 100 grain nibs, blazer X2 vanes, running a pin bushing and bohning pin nock out of the back, i shoot 3-d and these arrows shoot like garbage out of my XLR8, i shot at some distance the today and last week, and they dont group well at all, 3 out of the 5 i was shooting seemed to group decently, 2 grouped really well....the other 2 arrows were just not even close to to the other 3. I was shooting well, i could literally see the arrow kick right, and cork screw towards the target, leaving them kicked in the target and not impacting tightly to one another, The center shot was eyeballed, and i know sometimes the pin bushing can cause a big pain in the butt. Just wanted some input on what i should do, i'd like to find UNI busings to fit these, but no one seems to know what size i need.

Any help is appreciated.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kgoss33@gmail.com View Post
    I've got them cut to 27", 100 grain nibs, blazer X2 vanes, running a pin bushing and bohning pin nock out of the back, i shoot 3-d and these arrows shoot like garbage out of my XLR8, i shot at some distance the today and last week, and they dont group well at all, 3 out of the 5 i was shooting seemed to group decently, 2 grouped really well....the other 2 arrows were just not even close to to the other 3. I was shooting well, i could literally see the arrow kick right, and cork screw towards the target, leaving them kicked in the target and not impacting tightly to one another, The center shot was eyeballed, and i know sometimes the pin bushing can cause a big pain in the butt. Just wanted some input on what i should do, i'd like to find UNI busings to fit these, but no one seems to know what size i need.

Any help is appreciated.
    i have been told that the 30x arrows are a 27 series size. how many lbs are you shooting
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

If you want to try a few things to see if an improvement may be possible here are a couple

Mark the “lower” limb bolt and then turn it out a quarter of a turn and see how the arrows group after a few groups try backing it out another quarter and check your groups again. After you’re done you can turn it to the position that gave you the best group.

On a separate test adjust your rest in closer to the riser a micro and check your results.

Just a few I would try if it was mine.

JDX--
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!