You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: shoulder pain?

  1. #1
    Story of my life Radar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    851

    Default shoulder pain?

    Lately I have been having shoulder pain( something popped when I started the snowblower about a month ago) It has been alright but it does not seem to hurt while I am shooting. It does pop and kinda grind while I draw but it doesnt hurt. It mostly hurts when I lift my arm up to the side or over my head. I have read about some guys on here have had shoulder pain in the past, just wondering if it sounds like the same thing and what you did to make it better.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

    Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

  2. #2
    Senior Member JAVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Torn rotator cuff, go get an MRI
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Torn rotator cuff, go get an MRI
    Not something to fool around with. Don't delay, go to a good shoulder specialist as soon as possible.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Middletown, Pa
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Orthopedic doctors have to eat, too. Go see one.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

  5. #5
    In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in gods country
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Lately I have been having shoulder pain( something popped when I started the snowblower about a month ago) It has been alright but it does not seem to hurt while I am shooting. It does pop and kinda grind while I draw but it doesnt hurt. It mostly hurts when I lift my arm up to the side or over my head. I have read about some guys on here have had shoulder pain in the past, just wondering if it sounds like the same thing and what you did to make it better.
    sounds like a torn rotator cuff and that sucks cause a good friend of mine has one and he had to go from hunting with a 70lbr bow to one thats only 50lbs.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Heath Springs SC
    Posts
    73

    Default

    don't mess around get it looked at

    08 GTO Thumper
    09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

    www.trinitycustomstrings.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    seems old age is greeping up on ya
    yep get it looked after
    the may have to patch you up
    just like an old inner tube



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  8. #8
    Story of my life Radar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    seems old age is greeping up on ya
    yep get it looked after
    the may have to patch you up
    just like an old inner tube
    easy with the old age stuff smokes i just turned 29! i am going to the Dr. on thurs. i am glad it doesnt hurt when i shoot, we'll see what they say. today its feeling better.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

    Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

  9. #9
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    easy with the old age stuff smokes i just turned 29! i am going to the Dr. on thurs. i am glad it doesnt hurt when i shoot, we'll see what they say. today its feeling better.
    I'll be 59 in a couple of days
    fell hard on my left shoulder 2 years ago and it hurt both shoulders and saw Doc on a regular visit and we watched it for 6 months and the right on let up
    tired for an MRI for the left one but insurance denied it
    It is much better now so hopefully it will stay that way
    I fear what Obama care will do to us old fellars
    as they will pass us by as we aren't good worker bees anymore
    your day is coming so get the word out and get these marxist out of our land of the free



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Middletown, Pa
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    I'll be 59 in a couple of days
    fell hard on my left shoulder 2 years ago and it hurt both shoulders and saw Doc on a regular visit and we watched it for 6 months and the right on let up
    tired for an MRI for the left one but insurance denied it
    It is much better now so hopefully it will stay that way
    I fear what Obama care will do to us old fellars
    as they will pass us by as we aren't good worker bees anymore
    your day is coming so get the word out and get these marxist out of our land of the free
    10-4 on that one. Get the commie bastards out. They just don't get it. We just went through 40 years of a cold war. It took the Russians how many years to figure out their socialistic ways bankrupted their country. Now Obama is doing it to this one.

    People don't know all the facts, nor do I, but some of these countries that have "FREE" healthcare, college tuition and such pay as much as 60% of their wages in taxes. FREE? Sure, for those that don't work.

    Sorry for the hijack, but this sticks in my craw.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

  11. #11
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Definitely get it looked at! Don't let it go.

    Dan



    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Not something to fool around with. Don't delay, go to a good shoulder specialist as soon as possible.
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  12. #12
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    10-4 on that one. Get the commie bastards out. They just don't get it. We just went through 40 years of a cold war. It took the Russians how many years to figure out their socialistic ways bankrupted their country. Now Obama is doing it to this one.

    People don't know all the facts, nor do I, but some of these countries that have "FREE" healthcare, college tuition and such pay as much as 60% of their wages in taxes. FREE? Sure, for those that don't work.

    Sorry for the hijack, but this sticks in my craw.
    glad to see someone else is up to thier eyeballs with this sadistic snatching of out country



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Similar Threads

  1. shoulder pain
    By Hook Em in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
  2. what a pain .
    By upnorth in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM
  3. Shoulder blown?
    By swintj1 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 02:53 AM
  4. land issues are a pain but......
    By freeds_01 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
  5. Elbow pain after switching to BT release
    By slow in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 02:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •