You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    This is a good thread. I hope there are more post. I'm in the process of trying the different combinations to improve my aiming. Stabilizer length and weight, side bar verus v bar. There are so many combinations to try. It's wearing me out.
    Length and weight is a personal thing. Not everyone can handle the same length rod or the same amount of weight....nor do they need the same amount of weight even on the same bow and bar length. The only way to find out what you need is through shooting and testing. As far as side bar vs Vbar....95% of the compound shooters are better off or at least just as good with just a side bar. The key is to get something that is adjustable.....and STRONG.

But really you length doesn't really matter IMO....getting the right weight and side rod in the right spot is more important for the most part. You may hold a little better or be more comfortable with a certain length but once weighted correctly you shouldn't really notice a difference from the length unless you too long. I have recently played with a 27", 30" and my normal 35" B-Stinger....once I had the right amount of weight on the bars they all aimed about the same. The only difference was that the 35" bar made aiming and the shot easier for me because I didn't need as much weight on them. I run 4 oz on the 35" and 12 on the side rod. With the 27" bar I need 6 oz to give me the same feel which meant that I had to increase the side rod weight to about 16 oz maybe more. The bow barely moved but I couldn't hold it as well from the over all weight.

Hornet pretty much covered it. No matter what brand you go with, the farther out you go with it, the more resistance against movement you will have. And , can do the same thing with less weight.

Sounds like Bernie has a few words about stiff stabilizers he is talking about at the ATA show. Id like to hear what he has to say bc it doesnt sound like he is a fan. But he also sells them so who knows. Lets hear from more people come on guys post up

Quote Originally Posted by wihoyt View Post
    Sounds like Bernie has a few words about stiff stabilizers he is talking about at the ATA show. Id like to hear what he has to say bc it doesnt sound like he is a fan. But he also sells them so who knows. Lets hear from more people come on guys post up
    anything he has to say about stabilization he heard/learned in the B-Stinger seminar at Vegas or from reading what Greg and Blair have posted online.....and that's a 100% FACT. The stabilizers he made until the ones he started making last year to copy the shift were some of the most flimsy things on the market and held no weight nor did he do anything with weight really.....now all of a sudden he claims to be the master on stiff rods and making stiff rods....that's comical to me. But then it goes right along with the way he has done business for over a decade.....

The stabs I mentioned on my buddies bow earlier in this thread were actually Bernie's "stiff" rods....

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    anything he has to say about stabilization he heard/learned in the B-Stinger seminar at Vegas or from reading what Greg and Blair have posted online.....and that's a 100% FACT. The stabilizers he made until the ones he started making last year to copy the shift were some of the most flimsy things on the market and held no weight nor did he do anything with weight really.....now all of a sudden he claims to be the master on stiff rods and making stiff rods....that's comical to me. But then it goes right along with the way he has done business for over a decade.....

The stabs I mentioned on my buddies bow earlier in this thread were actually Bernie's "stiff" rods....
    I tried a bernie stabilizer. It look like a piece of a fishing rod with a rubber door stop on the end. Very light stabilizer. It did not do anything for my shooting. I have since seen some real heavy stuff bernie has made. I personally will stick with doinker. Just got to figure out what works best.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    I tried a bernie stabilizer. It look like a piece of a fishing rod with a rubber door stop on the end. Very light stabilizer. It did not do anything for my shooting. I have since seen some real heavy stuff bernie has made. I personally will stick with doinker. Just got to figure out what works best.
    The thing is just having a stiff rod means nothing....if it did then the stiff aluminum rods would still be hot. The quality of carbon means a lot actually....the new ones aren't going to be any better.

The Doinkers that came out last year were an improvement over what they had before....I was never a fan enough of them to switch from the original X10s...as much as I tried I just kept going back to them over Doinker. The new ones that are out now are nice rods....I messed with Braden's new ones at league a couple weeks ago. But if they were given to me I wouldn't switch...heck if they paid me I wouldn't switch.

Quote Originally Posted by omergic View Post
    i had brought a set stab call bernie x-rod control freak carbon set...are they will made for 3d.i order 35" and 2/14" side rod. cost me $370 with some weight.
    i have a mathew rezeen 6.5 set 27" 65lb. qua rest maxima 350 arrows sure loc challenger 400 eyegle eye little dot lens&scope. thanks
    Check out his new stiffer carbon rods. They are sweet.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    The thing is just having a stiff rod means nothing....if it did then the stiff aluminum rods would still be hot. The quality of carbon means a lot actually....the new ones aren't going to be any better.

The Doinkers that came out last year were an improvement over what they had before....I was never a fan enough of them to switch from the original X10s...as much as I tried I just kept going back to them over Doinker. The new ones that are out now are nice rods....I messed with Braden's new ones at league a couple weeks ago. But if they were given to me I wouldn't switch...heck if they paid me I wouldn't switch.
    I'm very happy with the new Doinker rods and see nothing to make me switch.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    You and I both bud.

The main thing is , to find what works "for you". With that you will have confidence in your product. With confidence, scores will rise.
    Last edited by asa1485; 01-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wihoyt View Post
    I understand what your saying though the stiffer stabilizers dont really make the bow hold any better that say a doinker elite with the bow balanced the same. In theory it only makes the bow resist movement better during the violent mechanics of a bow moving the arrow. So if the sub consious mind is reprogramed to this craze of stiff stabilizers resisting movement during the shot wouldnt it cause you do make harder movements to move the dot back to the X. Possibly over correcting? IDK just throwing this out there. Id like to hear what Lanny says about it.
    Big Lanny fan. Would be interesting to hear his comment. But think he would say you got to have mental confidence as well in your equipment.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    They are nice rods....I was impressed but.....like I said. I wouldn't switch.

Unlike a lot of others out there I actually test and play with everything when I get a chance to...always have but then you knew that