You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: new backtension

Hybrid View

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

Default new backtension

so im looking into buying a new backtension release for comp shooting,i dont like the one i have now, but i dont really wanna spend 200 dollars on a new. does any1 have any recommendations?

Tru-Ball has a couple back tension releases under $75. I have the bt gold ultra 3. I also have a stans and carter, really can't tell much difference in any of them.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

you can find a lot of good ones over on AT

08 GTO Thumper
    09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

www.trinitycustomstrings.com

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by archeryassasin View Post
    so im looking into buying a new backtension release for comp shooting,i dont like the one i have now, but i dont really wanna spend 200 dollars on a new. does any1 have any recommendations?
    i would reccomend that if you are just getting started out on a back tension release then at least give the tru ball sweet spott 2 release a serious look. it has a safety on it that will give you a little confidence when you go to full draw
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Do you want a hinge or a holding weight back tension. The holding weight versions are more money. There are many styles of backtension including hook or spike, hinge and holding weight. (priced lowest to highest)
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

well right now i have a stan two finger hinge back tension, but ive been looking at buying a truball because i hear alot of good things about them, and the stan i have isnt for use with a d loop.

I've shot and tried just about EVERY hinge on the market with the exception of a few of the ones that have come out this year. There are a TON of good/great releases out there....and for ever person that likes a release there is someone that doesn't like it. Like the TRU Balls with a safety...lots of people LOVE them I can't stand them. But I do like the regular TRU Ball hinges...I shot a TRU Tension for a long time.

I am a Scott fan myself.....but that is after a very long search for a release over the past 2 years. When I say I am a Scott fan I don't mean of all their releases....just the one that I am shooting. The key to finding the correct hinge for you is to get as many of them in your hands as you can. When you find the right one you won't even need to shoot it.

Default Carter

Carter got a new BT release.

Keep it simple. They sold out of these at the show. Buddy has one on order.

Slider

The Slider is a New Spike head style triggerless release. It features a new incremental adjustment system that allows you to set your release at just the right speed.

The Slider has an extremely comfortable 3 finger handle and head angle allows you to draw safely using the pulling post but requires virtually no hand repositioning upon anchoring. Just aim, pull slightly into the fixed spike and the loop slides easily from the spike, leaving you with a very clean release. Experience the new slider today and see just how slick it really is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers