You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Do you guys really believe that in 30 years people will pick up today's bows and laugh like we do when we see a bow from the 80s? I really don't think so.

I think companies need to cool it on the R&D end and keep that money in their pockets so they can keep bow prices reasonable. I think the top of the line bow (naked) should not be more than $600.

Some companies have already proven that they have peaked. i.e. Bowtech and maybe more. One step forward and two steps back isn't progress
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Do you guys really believe that in 30 years people will pick up today's bows and laugh like we do when we see a bow from the 80s? I really don't think so.

I think companies need to cool it on the R&D end and keep that money in their pockets so they can keep bow prices reasonable. I think the top of the line bow (naked) should not be more than $600.

Some companies have already proven that they have peaked. i.e. Bowtech and maybe more. One step forward and two steps back isn't progress

I tend to agree with this sentiment

I was actually around way back then. 200fps was considered a Fast bow, and 300 fps was considered unreachable by many.

Who would have thought that you'd see a riser made from hollow carbon tubes? And if your Bow wasn't capable of reaching 300 fps it would be considered slow?

Have you seen a Bow without limbs? It has been done! and you will probably see production on one in the next few years.

Plus the fact that Fast Bows now are So Quiet, and Vibration free compared to bows of yesteryear that were much slower.

I fully expect more changes to come. There is more to Bow Innovation than adding a dampener here & there. 375 IBO has already been reached in a prototype and maybe more.

Technology will Never stop it may go in a different direction but it will Not stand still!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    I tend to agree with this sentiment
    Good, I won't have to kick your butt now.

In 30 years, we will laugh at today's bows for sure. Show me one commonly used mechanical device that has not made dramatic improvements in the last 30 years.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Good, I won't have to kick your butt now.

The bow is too damned high

Thoughts on bows after the ATA - General Archery Forum

But, pales in comparison to stabilizers
    Last edited by CutTheLoop; 01-25-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Don't make him Strain his Brain!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In 30 years, we will laugh at today's bows for sure. Show me one commonly used mechanical device that has not made dramatic improvements in the last 30 years.
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In 30 years, we will laugh at today's bows for sure. .....
    doubt it. Do we laugh at a 1980 Dodge Charger or do we think that is straight up pimp? Sure, we have fuel injection today and carbureted engines are all but gone, but still....this industry isn't like having shag carpet on a wall. Technology peaks.

Since when? You mean if I buy a computer tomorrow I don't have to worry about it being outdated in 5 years? or a year?

Classic Cars are nice but technology has left the Ol Cars behind.

Come' On Slip the wind can't be blowing through your ears that hard

Dan

Technology peaks.
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

doubt it. Do we laugh at a 1980 Dodge Charger or do we think that is straight up pimp? Sure, we have fuel injection today and carbureted engines are all but gone, but still....this industry isn't like having shag carpet on a wall. Technology peaks.
    As long as we can keep the government from jacking up arrow prices and regulating draw curves (yeah that's a stretch of a comparisonn to gas price increases and emissions regulation that destroyed the muscle cars), I think progress will continue to be made in bow making. It might not be progress in raw speed but might be smooth speed or forgiving speed or even accuracy improvements or easier tuning but it's all progress.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    I think it is a problem that gets magnified and worsened the shorter bows get. Is a short A to A bow that much of an advantage? How short will they go? I know myself I will stay with bows in the 33" to 35" range. I actually hunted Turkeys out of a blind with my Sentinel a year or so ago. It was not a problem at all. The difference between a 35" and a 31" A to A bow is 2" on each end. Is that a huge advantage? The longer riser has many pluses, but are over looked in the quest for a shorter hunting bow. Are consumers getting caught up in this marketing blitz that shorter is better? Not Me!!

I do have a problem with companies that introduce technology to the consumer and basically use them as test rats. New tech can be a good thing but Come'On Man get it right before you pit it on the market!!

Dan
    Dan we have been test animals for years, stop the denial.. lol