You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Default The Jag is on its way to the big Pro Shop in the Sky.

Well fellas I just found out that there was nothing to be done to fix the Jaguar. The Martin Rep came to look at it, and he shot it, and of course the more they shot it the worse it got. Sure enough they still can not see any visable problems, but it is evident that is in fact a major problem.
    They were on the phone with the Manufacturing company, and the powers that be over there said to stop shooting it and send it in. They are sure that the bow will not be able to be fixed, but I am not sure yet if they will be replacing it.
    So meanwhile, the Jag is on its way to big Pro Shop in the Sky, well it was fun while it lasted.
    So I guess I should get back to looking for Santas other hiding spots..... I know there has to be another bow around here somewhere

Default bump

So whats going on here rdnkgrl???? I hope you have good news.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    So whats going on here rdnkgrl???? I hope you have good news.
    Well there is no good news for the Jaguar. It has to be sent in to the company for repair or replacement. It was shooting so rough that even the Martin Rep didnt want to shoot it any more. They could tell it was about to blow. I am hoping that Martin stands by their bows. Hopefully I will hear something back from the company in a couple of weeks.

rdnkgrl

Yea hopefully you'll hear something after the 1st of the year Rdnkgrl. Hang in there. I'm sure Martin will take care of ya.

Default The Jag is BACK

Well guys, I got the Martin Jaguar back from the shop today, and it looks pretty good. They replaced the cables, the strings, and riser. It looks really nice but I havent shot it because I dont a sight to put on it.

But I have a question for ya.. When I sent this bow in to the shop it was a 40-50lb bow, maybe you could max it out at 53 or so, but when I picked the bow up today it was pulling 63 lbs.. keep in mind I have the same limbs that I had before (autographed by Michael Waddell, so I know they are the same limbs)..So how come my bow is now 50-60 lb? Hmmm..

Help me out here guys..

rdnkgrl

humm that makes me go hummmm... lol They say that they replaced the riser, and the cables and strings.... and it gained 10 lbs of draw weight??? I could see 2 or 3 due to the new cables and string might change the geomitry of the limbs, being longer or shorter, but to gain 10 lbs.... i would have to question something still not being quiet right with it.... Might want to make sure the strings and cables are the right length, that the bows says it needs, is the tiller in spec???

QUOTE=bullspotter;22125]humm that makes me go hummmm... lol They say that they replaced the riser, and the cables and strings.... and it gained 10 lbs of draw weight??? I could see 2 or 3 due to the new cables and string might change the geomitry of the limbs, being longer or shorter, but to gain 10 lbs.... i would have to question something still not being quiet right with it.... Might want to make sure the strings and cables are the right length, that the bows says it needs, is the tiller in spec???[/QUOTE]

So if they put the wrong size cable on will it hurt the bow? I mean the extra weight doesnt really bother me, but jeez I just got it back I would hate to blow it up in day

rdnkgrl

Site Guru

10 pounds over the rated amount on those limbs is not a good thing... they may have short-strung it
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    Well guys, I got the Martin Jaguar back from the shop today, and it looks pretty good. They replaced the cables, the strings, and riser. It looks really nice but I havent shot it because I dont a sight to put on it.

But I have a question for ya.. When I sent this bow in to the shop it was a 40-50lb bow, maybe you could max it out at 53 or so, but when I picked the bow up today it was pulling 63 lbs.. keep in mind I have the same limbs that I had before (autographed by Michael Waddell, so I know they are the same limbs)..So how come my bow is now 50-60 lb? Hmmm..

Help me out here guys..

rdnkgrl
    If i recall Martin put the serial # on the limb info sheet and the limbs are also marked. If they still do this . Do you have the serial# of the old 1? Just a though.
    Also a longer string would give you a increase in #'s for it lets you limbs spread open somewhhat. In my experince with Martins it never has hurt mine for I will use a longer string to get more #'s if neccessary not a full 10 #'s maybe 4-6. On the old metal cables I would let the cable slip in the cams to get alonger DL no damage += more #'s Hs
    Last edited by Holy Smokes; 01-28-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Its hard to say if it will hurt it or not... I would think it would be ok to shoot a few times, can you crank it down? my concern is with it being messed up, will it funtion proprly... here is a example. the cable length, works with the size of the cam and DL.... this is what happend to me with a hoyt, had a 28 inch draw bow, i wanted 28.5. well i got the wrong cams, they were 27.5 cams, well i put them on, couldnt get the cable and stings to time worth the heck, but i could draw it, and it made it about 28.5, but it was out of time bad..... So i went and looked at some bows, the 27 and 27.5 draw bows had differnt strings and cables then the 28 to 30 draw bows, so you cannot use the 27.5 cams on a bow with the wrong strings.... I also had a bow with adjustable DL, and was messing with it trying to find what i wanted, well I got the top adjustment one notch off from the bottom, and it wouldnt draw back, it locked it up at about 1/4 draw, i was like omg i screwed it up, my point is, that things need to be proper between the cables, stings cams and limbs for it to be right..... And with that one of yours gaing 10 lbs... i just think something is amiss with it and needs to be looked into, might call the guys who did the work and pick their brain, as to why the increase... who knows, might be a fluke and it could be fine....

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

[ An 1" shorter string will give you a 5 # reduction in bow wieght and vice versa

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

wouldnt that change the DL by a bit too?

If it were me I would take it back and have them find out whats going on and make them set it up correctly. If you are shooting it at 10# more weight then your arrows will have to weigh at least 315gr now. I would suggest you have them weighed if you do not know the weight. Good luck but 63# is alot for a woman shooting spots (60 arrows plus practice shots). Glad you got it back.

"HONDA"