You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Elite Hunter Vs Elite Pure

I'm looking at getting a new bow. Everything I've read about Elite sounds great. It will be mainly used for hunting. Let me hear your take on these bows. I was looking a a Matthews Z7 but I think its' my third choice. Iwant to hear your opinions on these bows.

Default Bows

My thought and choice would be the Pure.

Great all around bow. Hunter just a little short for me.

I do own a Z28 and enjoy the bow.

If you want short axle bow then the hunter for you. If your wanting the bow for hunting only the Hunter may be the best choice. If your draw long go with Pure. Pure got great speed.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

The Hunter is a great bow as is the Pure, if using for hunting only and are not concerned with speed, I would shoot the Hunter, is very smooth draw and a little shorter than the Pure. If you want alittle more speed I would go with the Pure. Both are very good bows with little or no hand shock. Might see if you can find a shop that carries them and shoot each one side by side. Good luck with your choice.

what type of hunting set-ups do you hunt out of? DL? (string angle for your DL)
    pop-ups and tripods i would go with the hunter. (although the Pure will fit just fine inside of a pop-up)
    if you stalk or your shooting distance is greater than 40yard shots i would go with the Pure.
    if you comfortable with short A-A and under 45yds shooting-- Hunter

the Pure will cover short and longer.
    also, 70lb DW has the feeling of harsher draw cycle, 60lb on both bows is really smooth and easy with a slight nod towards the Pure for an easier "feel" to it. and the fps loss from 70-60 is insignificant (to some)
    JMHO
    Last edited by wassaw; 01-13-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wassaw View Post
    what type of hunting set-ups do you hunt out of? DL? (string angle for your DL)
    pop-ups and tripods i would go with the hunter. (although the Pure will fit just fine inside of a pop-up)
    if you stalk or your shooting distance is greater than 40yard shots i would go with the Pure.
    if you comfortable with short A-A and under 45yds shooting-- Hunter

the Pure will cover short and longer.
    also, 70lb DW has the feeling of harsher draw cycle, 60lb on both bows is really smooth and easy with a slight nod towards the Pure for an easier "feel" to it. and the fps loss from 70-60 is insignificant (to some)
    JMHO
    A little more info:
    DL 30"
    mostly climbing stands and loc ons
    60-70 lb draw

go with the Pure, I know some guys that hunt with 40''ATA you'll only gain by having the extra ATA.

08 GTO Thumper
    09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

www.trinitycustomstrings.com