You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: fuzzy pins

Hybrid View

Default fuzzy pins

how do all, i just started shooting in a indoor 3d tournament, and i dont know if its the lighting or what but my pins become a big blur! its a viper sight, and its great outdoors, never had this problem outside but its killing me inside. its almost like the pins are to bright, any one ever have this problem? or know how to fix it? thanks for any help.

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Too brite

I know if you cover up some of the fiber it cuts the light down. I have a HHA site with a rheostat and basically it's just a collar that turns clock or counter clock wise that covers the fiber or exposes more fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec 1 View Post
    I know if you cover up some of the fiber it cuts the light down. I have a HHA site with a rheostat and basically it's just a collar that turns clock or counter clock wise that covers the fiber or exposes more fiber.
    thanks sir, i thought about putting some kind of cover over the ring to see if that helps, but maybe i,ll do that, that makes sense. how do you like that hha? been thinking of going to one of those. just for a cleaner site picture. been looking at a cooper john as well.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

i had that problem also. then i tried a archery specality super hooded peep with a number 5 pin verifier. it cleared up the pins and target really well. hope that helps.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    i had that problem also. then i tried a archery specality super hooded peep with a number 5 pin verifier. it cleared up the pins and target really well. hope that helps.
    thank you sir.

Keep in mind as you increase the strength of the verifier you will distort the picture of the target

So on one end of the spectrum you will have a sharp detailed target and a blurry pin and on the other end you will have a sharp crystal clear pin and a blurry target. The idea is to try the different stages of the verifier until you find a detailed enough pin to shoot with, without loosing to much detail on your 3d target, if you have any questions fire away otherwise call Specialty Archery and ask for Mike or Al

Good Luck

JDX--
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Hha

Quote Originally Posted by indy riverrat View Post
    thanks sir, i thought about putting some kind of cover over the ring to see if that helps, but maybe i,ll do that, that makes sense. how do you like that hha? been thinking of going to one of those. just for a cleaner site picture. been looking at a cooper john as well.
    I love it, and its a built solid and a liftime guarentee!!

Quote Originally Posted by indy riverrat View Post
    how do all, i just started shooting in a indoor 3d tournament, and i dont know if its the lighting or what but my pins become a big blur! its a viper sight, and its great outdoors, never had this problem outside but its killing me inside. its almost like the pins are to bright, any one ever have this problem? or know how to fix it? thanks for any help.
    Maybe you need a verifier in the peep. Do you wear glasses? I have that problem without a verifier.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    Maybe you need a verifier in the peep. Do you wear glasses? I have that problem without a verifier.
    no i dont wear glasses, but i,ll try a verifier, thanks alot.