You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Hoyt Alphaelite sure is a nice bow. If I had Hornet money I would go buy one! Good to see we got some guys with lots of money here now.

Nice bows guys!

DB

If you had Hornet money you would be shooting old used bows like Hornet.....the bow I shot for field last year which will eventually become my indoor/3D bow (which I also hunted with this year) I paid $325 for....the one in the pics is an 09 I found in a shop this spring that was unshot and I got it for about 1/2 price. I paid for that by selling the PE I bought in 2008 USED for $550...sold it for $600 in May and spent ZERO money on that Katera XL.

I would bet you a new Carbon Matrix that most of you have spent more money on gear in the past year to year and a half then I have in the past 4 years. The only thing I have spent money on or bought new in the past 2 years is a doz X7s, Scott mini Black Hole, CBE scope, and the FV lens I got a couple weeks ago....that's about $400...throw in the the first Katera XL and nocks and vanes I have bought and you still can't get a new bow

oh I did buy a new Easton quiver last year....but my girlfriend had gotten me a LAS Gift Certificate so I did pay for that either.

Heck that new CBE on that bow I got as a thank you gift from a friend that I gave a bow to a couple years ago.....

I own 2 bows....a 2008 and a 2009....and use ONE set of stabs for them both....heck I don't even have another sight for it that's why I am using my field bow for indoors right now.

I may get an Alphaburner USED to hunt with this summer....I will eventually probably stumble across a good deal on an Alpha Elite and then it will become my field bow and the black Katera will be my indoor bow and the camo one will be 3D/hunting or just 3D. I don't like buying new bows every year nor do I see the need to.
    Last edited by Brown Hornet; 01-18-2011 at 10:03 PM.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    If you had Hornet money you would be shooting old used bows like Hornet.....the bow I shot for field last year which will eventually become my indoor/3D bow (which I also hunted with this year) I paid $325 for....the one in the pics is an 09 I found in a shop this spring that was unshot and I got it for about 1/2 price. I paid for that by selling the PE I bought in 2008 USED for $550...sold it for $600 in May and spent ZERO money on that Katera XL.

I would bet you a new Carbon Matrix that most of you have spent more money on gear in the past year to year and a half then I have in the past 4 years. The only thing I have spent money on or bought new in the past 2 years is a doz X7s, Scott mini Black Hole, CBE scope, and the FV lens I got a couple weeks ago....that's about $400...throw in the the first Katera XL and nocks and vanes I have bought and you still can't get a new bow

oh I did buy a new Easton quiver last year....but my girlfriend had gotten me a LAS Gift Certificate so I did pay for that either.

Heck that new CBE on that bow I got as a thank you gift from a friend that I gave a bow to a couple years ago.....

I own 2 bows....a 2008 and a 2009....and use ONE set of stabs for them both....heck I don't even have another sight for it that's why I am using my field bow for indoors right now.

I may get an Alphaburner USED to hunt with this summer....I will eventually probably stumble across a good deal on an Alpha Elite and then it will become my field bow and the black Katera will be my indoor bow and the camo one will be 3D/hunting or just 3D. I don't like buying new bows every year nor do I see the need to.
    what you takin bout boy
    I am still shooting a used S3 b cams shoot thru
    shoots good to
    DB my 10cent of talent is as good as it gets LOL

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Im going to pick up a Mathews Rival pro and set it entirely for indoor. Im not going to be caught without an indoor bow again.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    DB, You need to let me know when you are in this area again so we can knock a tater in the head and shoot the Bull! You'll find out I'm a PO Boy too!

I turned in my resignation to BowTech a couple of weeks ago. I just didn't care for the direction that the company has gone the last couple years.

I really am not a Fan of Short A to A bows with big cams and I prefer a little customer service when needed It's really a Shame! They were an awesome company at one time.

I am really looking at Hoyt & Maitland. I like the product and the people behind both.

Dan
    Hoyt a tough bow to beat. I had a Hoyt pro Elite and we tried to make 28" cam work for 28 1/2". That dont work to well on spiral cams. I may have a fuel cam one of these days. Sure like the Alphaelite.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    DB, You need to let me know when you are in this area again so we can knock a tater in the head and shoot the Bull! You'll find out I'm a PO Boy too!

I turned in my resignation to BowTech a couple of weeks ago. I just didn't care for the direction that the company has gone the last couple years.

I really am not a Fan of Short A to A bows with big cams and I prefer a little customer service when needed It's really a Shame! They were an awesome company at one time.

I am really looking at Hoyt & Maitland. I like the product and the people behind both.

Dan
    Bowtech dropped there best Oklahoma shooter Chad Hilburn for whatever reason I cant figure. He won the semi class at a ASA pro am that year and was the one that really promoted Bowtech in Oklahoma. Go figure! He said he was never given a reason. He shooting Elite now and doing quite well. Great guy and was Bowtech best ambassador here in Oklahoma. Reps here dont really know whos who in my opionion.
    DB

DB, Not the first screwup they have done in recent years. They dropped a local shooter here also last year. He picked up a Hoyt and won National Amateur of the Year. I also got tired of taking care of Customers out of my pocket. I hope they put as much effort into improving Customer Service this year as they did in unveiling their new bow at ATA show. I could go on but will leave it at that. It is Sad to see a company go the direction they have.

I could No longer promote them or their product with any confidence so it was time for me to move on.

I really like the Fuel Cam

Dan

Bowtech dropped there best Oklahoma shooter Chad Hilburn for whatever reason I cant figure. He won the semi class at a ASA pro am that year and was the one that really promoted Bowtech in Oklahoma. Go figure! He said he was never given a reason. He shooting Elite now and doing quite well. Great guy and was Bowtech best ambassador here in Oklahoma. Reps here dont really know whos who in my opionion.
    DB
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Im going to pick up a Mathews Rival pro and set it entirely for indoor. Im not going to be caught without an indoor bow again.
    DB
    I hear ya....the only reason I am using this bow for indoors is because I hadn't shot it yet honestly. If I had set it up for field this summer like I had planned to then I wouldn't be shooting it. I would be shooting the other one.

Hoyt a tough bow to beat. I had a Hoyt pro Elite and we tried to make 28" cam work for 28 1/2". That dont work to well on spiral cams. I may have a fuel cam one of these days. Sure like the Alphaelite.
    DB
    Well no it won't work....you can't get an extra 1/2" from a cam....that's why they make a 28.5" cam

But you actually could have gotten it....you just needed to change the string and cable lengths

I hear ya....the only reason I am using this bow for indoors is because I hadn't shot it yet honestly. If I had set it up for field this summer like I had planned to then I wouldn't be shooting it. I would be shooting the other one.

Well no it won't work....you can't get an extra 1/2" from a cam....that's why they make a 28.5" cam

But you actually could have gotten it....you just needed to change the string and cable lengths
    I didnt know you could change strings and cable and get 28 1/2" out of 28" Spiral cam. Have to remember that! But Im pretty sure my next Hoyt bow may be that fuel cam.
    DB

I didnt know you could change strings and cable and get 28 1/2" out of 28" Spiral cam. Have to remember that! But Im pretty sure my next Hoyt bow may be that fuel cam.
    DB
    Yep you just have to tweak the string and cable lengths a little...just tell your string maker you need a little more draw or want to pre load your limbs a little.... You WILL NOT be able to run "factory specs" though doing this....

I liked the Fuel cam...not more then the Z3 on my Katera...but it would work good enough

Quote Originally Posted by asa1485 View Post
    Was outside doing a little shooting. Set my bow down and thought, I need to take some pictures. Feel free to post up your setups if you like.
    Does not have to be a Hoyt

A Hoyt is sexy no matter the weather!! - General Archery Forum

What strings are those and what is the color combination? I really like it. Very Smokin Hott Bow....

"HONDA"

Thanks. They are Prolines-----flo green/flo yellow with a black streak.

Quote Originally Posted by asa1485 View Post
    Thanks. They are Prolines-----flo green/flo yellow with a black streak.
    Cool, thanks......

"HONDA"