You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default why they stop make

i wonder why they stop make 2 blade 100 gr and 125 gr 2 blade spitfire ? i would love to see they return the 2 blade spitfire in every models like edge, maxx, xp pro, scropion,
    what is reason they stop made expect for 170 gr 2 blade spitfire, i have search for 2 blade spitfire review and find have high rate successful harvest animals..

any idea or know why nap stop make 2 blade spitfires for a archery ?

You would have to call NAP and ask them that question.....

The 1st deer I killed with a mechanical head was with an 85 grain 2 blade Spitfire....they were great heads. But I am sure they stopped making the 2 blade version because more people shot the 3 blade....so for them it probably made more sense to save some $ and only offer the 3 blade. I know I prefer the devastation of the 3 blade to the 2 blade.

I still have some 85 grain and 100 grain 2 blade Spitfires.

It's all about demand or should I say lack of it. I'd personally never use a 2 blade head, I much prefer to blow a 3 or 4 blade hole through something.

The only time IMHO that a 2 blade is a viable option would be when having extra penetration was a must and then a mechanical would Not be a good choice.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Having been in the business end of things there is only one major reason for discontinuing something like a broadhead. Lack of sales (demand). On the othr side look at Muzzy. Their heads sold like crazy and still do. They added a couple others like the MX3 and MX4, but the standard heads are still around. Why, because they work and they sell.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I Agree BG, but they also sell because they are cheap. They are not the toughest head, but not the worse either. They will get the job done

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Having been in the business end of things there is only one major reason for discontinuing something like a broadhead. Lack of sales (demand). On the othr side look at Muzzy. Their heads sold like crazy and still do. They added a couple others like the MX3 and MX4, but the standard heads are still around. Why, because they work and they sell.
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    I Agree BG, but they also sell because they are cheap. They are not the toughest head, but not the worse either. They will get the job done

Dan
    I use Muzzy because they are less expensive, fly good and always get the job done.
    Been using them for years.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm