You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Spot shooters: X jammer 27 help please

Set up is contender elite, 26 3/4 draw, 45 lbs. I have my x jammers at full length 33" and a 210 grain point. I'm getting a consistent left tear unless I move the rest in towards the riser. That will get rid of the tear but I would like to have the rest more center.

Tuning charts say to stiffen arrow but i don't always agree. A lot of times in the past I found a under spine arrow worked better. Anyways, I'm asking any one who has experience w/ these shafts, would you add to the point weight to make them less stiff or would u cut them down to stiffen them?

On another note, these long arrows w/ the heavy point are a pain in the butt to keep on the arrow rest while drawing the bow. Any ideas on this? I know it is not nock pinch because the other arrows I try work just fine. Just a pain. The rest is a hoyt lizard tounge with the .010 blade.

Thanks in advance

according to ontarget2 software your arrows are way too stiff. no need to stiffen them anymore.
    is that rest the v shape launcher blade? those are hard to keep any arrow on in my experience.

i doubt you would ever get them to soften up enough at that draw weight and draw length to make a difference.
    i would dump shooting through paper and see how they group, and work towards the best groupings. you can add bigger fletchings to help control the arrow more also. which may also improve your groups.

you would have to shoot 300 grains up front and be shooting 60 pounds to get them close to being weak enough to get a correct spine and at that they are still stiff.

Thank you for the info.. I have heard of people shooting 300 plus grains up front. I'll give that a try. If I can soften them up any at all it will be better.

I have 4 inch feathers on now and the grouping was better after I tuned but you can still tell they just are not flying like they should. With the rest closer to center they were all over the place.

Also, it is the v launcher blade but the other arrows I use pull back great on it. Just the x jammers fall right off. Thanks again for your help.

I didn't have much of a problem tuning my xj 27's. I moved my rest very little off of center. I'm shooting a hoyt cam 1/2+, 50#'s, 28 1/2" draw, arrows cut 30 ", 220 grain tips. I'm using the original trophy taker drop rest. Shoots prefect bullet holes. They make wide v lanchers, try that.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

Carbon does not act like aluminum.....DO NOT put that much point weight in those shafts. I wouldn't even leave them full length.

I am fortunate enough to shoot with Braden Gellenthien who is the # 1 ranked archer in the world....he NOW shoots for CX so we get to do some testing. He is shooting that shaft and what is working for him right now is a 30" shaft with 210 up front....he is shooting more lbs then you and has a little more draw weight....but it doesn't matter. Which setup we shoot them from they pound. I still think they would work shorter though....and would work better. I have a buddy that has about a 26" draw and his are cut to about 26" and they POUND for him also.

If your center shot is WAY off...you may want to tune to another arrow 1st to get things lined up.....