01-24-2011, 12:18 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Vermont Triple Crown 3-D Archery Tournament
Vermont Triple Crown 3-D Archery Tournament
Randolph Fish & Game Club
(Qualifier May 21, 2011)
(Qualifier June 11, 2011)
Mtn. Top Archery Club
(Qualifier July 17, 2011)
Whistling Arrow Archery Club
Shoot-Off Weekend August 13 & 14
Triple Crown Overview & Goals:
• The Vermont Triple Crown Archery Tournament was designed to bring excitement & sportsmanship back into 3-D Archery. We are combining the resources of 4 individual archery clubs to make one great product that everyone can be proud of. Its an opportunity to develop new friends and spend quality time with families. Archer’s are good people with good values that respect one another on and off the Archery course. These are the type of people we want our kids and family to be associated with.
• The goal for the first year of the Vermont Triple Crown is to provide a safe, fun and competitive atmosphere. We all know the first year won’t be perfect, but we want all involved to know that each club will be working as hard as we can to make this a positive experience for everyone.
There are three events viewed as qualifying rounds for the Triple Crown Tournament. One qualifying shoot will be held at each of the three “qualifying” clubs. Any archer shooting in two qualifying events can shoot in the Triple Crown final tournament.
The Vermont Triple Crown 3-D Archery Tournament, a TWO~DAY event at Whistling Arrow, August 13 & 14, 2011, will determine the overall winners. An Archer is only allowed to shoot one class during the Triple Crown events.
**AN ARCHER MUST SHOOT** in two out of the three qualifying shoots to get qualified for the overall competition. **AN ARCHER MAY SHOOT** all three of the qualifying shoots and use their two best scores to determine their average for award certificates. The overall cash winners are determined from scores at the Whistling Arrow Triple Crown 3-D Archery Tournament weekend.
Each club will have local shooters that will not be involved in the Triple Crown, but will shoot from the same stakes and use the same rules at each weekend of qualifying. We encourage all to be respectful and understanding that this may be a bit different for them than what they are typically use too. Each local club will do what they typically do for trophies and door prizes.
FOR ALL CLASSES: An Archer cannot use a **RANGE FINDER** and MUST meet the 5 grains arrow weight per pound of peak draw weight. (IBO regulations).
• Open Class~ The Archer can use movable pins, fixed pins, long stabilizers, optics and powered lenses. Maximum yardage will be 50yrds.
• Woman’s Class~ The Archer can use movable pins, fixed pins, long stabilizers, optics and powered lenses. Maximum yardage will be 40yrds
• Bow Hunter Class~ ….. will not be allowed the use of stabilizers longer than 12”, sights with optics are not allowed. Bow Hunter class can use movable pins or fixed pins. Maximum yardage will be 40yrds.
• “Senior” Bow Hunter Class~ ……. will not be allowed the use of stabilizers longer than 12”, sights with optics are not allowed. Bow Hunters class can use movable pins or fixed pins. Age older than 60yrs. Maximum yardage will be 40yrds.
• Traditional Class~ Longbow, recurve, or self bow (no compounds); no release-aid, sights, or marks on string or bow for sighting; Use one anchor point; no string walking. Maximum yardage will be 25yrds.
• Senior Youth Class~. The Archer can use movable pins, fixed pins, long stabilizers, optics and powered lenses. Ages of this class will be between 12yrs-16yrs. Maximum yardage will be 40yrds.
Cost & Prizes:
If you’re just attending the local shoot for fun and have no desire to be part of the Triple Crown the cost will be $12.00 per shooter.
Each qualifying event will cost $25.00 for archers that want their score counted as part of the Vermont Triple Crown 3-D Archery Tournament. The Club will receive $12.00. $10.00 will be set aside for the Final Triple Crown Prize Money. $3.00 will go to door prizes and certificates. If you shoot in 2 of the 3 qualifying events and attend the Whistling Arrow Triple Crown shoot-off weekend you will be placed in a drawing for a NEW Glendale Full Rut Deer Target. We will also be presenting certificates to the top three in each class after qualifying events based on the high average from two qualifying events.
Whistling Arrow’s final event fee will be $35.00 per shooter for the Triple Crown, because it is a two-day event compared to the other clubs holding a one-day shoot. (If you are just attending the local shoot the cost, will be $12.00 Per Shooter.) The club will receive $25.00 and the Triple Crown will place $10.00 per shooter into the Final Shoot-Off Prize Money.
Breakdown / Explanation of fees:
• The local club holding the qualifying event will get $12.00 from the original entry fee of $25.00 per Shooter. $10.00, set aside for the Final Triple Crown Prize Money, will go into the class associated with the entry fee
Example: If you’re shooting in the Bow Hunters Class the entry fee will go into the Bow Hunters’ prize money. Some classes will have higher payouts, because they will have more shooters in the class.
• Prize Money for Shoot-Off Weekend:
The qualifying entry fees will be added to Whistling Arrow entry fee ($10.00 per shooter) The Shoot-Off weekend will be a clean slate for all. The qualifying rounds will mean nothing at this point. You do have to shoot two out of the three qualifying rounds to be eligible for the Shoot-Off Prize Money. Local shooters will also be shooting this event like the qualifying events, but will not be involved in the Vermont Triple Crown Prize Money.
After day one of the Shoot-Off Weekend scores will be posted. The top 5 in each division will be paired off for the final day of shooting on Sunday. This will insure that fair shooting will happen across the board. An official from Whistling Arrow Archery Club will walk the course with each division and keep score. (Ex. Open Class will have 5 shooters and an Official, Woman’s will have 5 shooters and an Official and so on)
The Final Prize Money will be paid to the top 5 in each class. They will also receive a certificate indicating their finishing place.
Example: Final Prize Money after adding in Whistling Arrow contribution.
$1000.00 (Bow Hunters Class)
• First Place: $1000.00 x 40% =$400.00 Prize Money
• Second Place: $1000.00 x 30% =$300.00 Prize Money
• Third Place: $1000.00 x 15% =$150.00 Prize Money
• Fourth Place: $1000.00 x 10% = $100.00 Prize Money
• Fifth Place: $1000.00 x 5% = $50.00 Prize Money
(THIS AN EXAMPLE ONLY TO HELP EXPLAIN PRIZE MONEY PAYOUT)
We want everyone that is thinking about participating in the Vermont Triple Crown 3-D Archery Tournament to think about one thing and that’s the “Old Days”. We all remember when a family could travel to a local shoot and enjoy a day of shooting archery, having a burger and tell some deer stories with friends. We are all trying our hardest to make those days come back to Vermont and 3-D Archery.
Please e-mail me at Whistlingarrowarcheryclub@Gmail.com or PM here
Thanks for taking the time to read this,
By stringman in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 5Last Post: 05-30-2010, 11:15 PM
By switchback in forum General Archery ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2008, 10:52 PM
By PaulieO in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2006, 09:07 PM
By PaulieO in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2006, 11:55 AM
By foxchaser21 in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2006, 11:20 PM