You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Any Authors or Outdoor Writers Out There?

Wrote my first book last year (link's in my profile) and really enjoyed it. I've had an article or two published, but mostly have a drawer full of very nice rejection letters.

Anyone else out there try their hand at writing books or outdoors writing for mags?

I've asked this question on a few other forums and have found several good books and writers. I love the outdoors and have found I love to write about it too.
    JJ

"Diplomacy is the art of saying nice doggie until you can find a rock" Will Rogers

Welcome to the forum...

I've always thought about writing, but never done anything...

I hope to activate the article section of the forum pretty quick. We are going to be paying people for their articles.

Interested?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Well...I don't know...let me think...

YES!!!

Would you like a sample? You can click the link to my book in my profile and there's a sample on that website or I can send you something. I just had an article about my son's first whitetail bow kill published in the Indiana bowhunters Association (IBA) quarterly mag - they don't pay so they don't own it...could send that one for consideration.
    JJ

"Diplomacy is the art of saying nice doggie until you can find a rock" Will Rogers

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I hope to activate the article section of the forum pretty quick. We are going to be paying people for their articles.

Interested?
    If you need an article on why Bowtech is better then Mathews I'm your man! Or why the Whisker Biscuit is an awesome rest...

In all seriousness though I'd be happy to contribute as well (you don't even have to pay me! I'll settle for admin powers, hehe). Post up a list of topics and I'm sure we can get some great stuff together
    No I'm not dead

I'd love to write but I have never found the time. I do write short stories from time to time or stories of the hunt. I really enjoy it. Congrats on the first book there Jeremiah Johnson.

And that would be great to get paid for writing. I'm interested there Chris.

I started writing for local clubs then an outdoor magazine made me an offer. I was a columnist for exactly 10 years. Writing on a deadline was sometimes difficult with my day job. I also wrote some chapters in some outdoor books. I enjoyed the experiance but haven't done any writing for 3 years now.

I had no formal education and actually hated english while at school. I saw no earthly need for it. After all, what good would English help a fella that was only interested in catchin, skinning and shootin things?

The articles I would be most interested in the beginning will be articles on shooting, form, tuning, equipment, arrow tuning, etc. Anything that would help the archer, whether they are a beginner or advanced tournament shooter.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The articles I would be most interested in the beginning will be articles on shooting, form, tuning, equipment, arrow tuning, etc. Anything that would help the archer, whether they are a beginner or advanced tournament shooter.
    Oh sorry can't really help you with any of that stuff... if you want an article on how to spam a online forum I can help with that

hahah
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Oh sorry can't really help you with any of that stuff... if you want an article on how to spam a online forum I can help with that

hahah
    or hyjack a thread about hyjacking threads.......hes got the patent on that one.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I write a column for Water and Woods. I have been writing for them for about three years now and this year I started writing for a local outdoor magazine. The local magazine is not big but it's nice to give back to others. I write about reloading and gun stuff. I have been asked to start working on a column about archery. But thatís in the works in the next couple months. We are working on the details right now.