You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default draw lenght and speed

would like to find some information about draw lenght and speed, after watch some of 2008/2009 product review on bow,
    on IBO most shot from 29" and 70# will give the IBO speed well i wonder about 30" and 70# will it give any of extra speed than 29" DL ?

long and short arrow, wonder 28" give another speed than 29" arrow ?
    i just make little adjust on arrow rest was shoot a 28 3/4" arrow now plan to shorter to 28 1/2" arrow
    and plan on shoot from 388.95 to 377.55 gr arrow after do some arrow weight and stuffs on goldtip site..

xt hunter 28.5 total 388.95 incudle 100 gr head
    xt velocity 28.5 total 377.55 sane 100 gr head

JT

Speed can be obtained by the longer draw length but once you’re to the point of being overdrawn you will loose some of your consistency in accuracy.

You are on the right track by maintaining the correct draw length and making the adjustments on your arrow rest position and arrow length to gain a little speed. Speed can be good but having a setup that shoots well and is forgiving will score more in the long run. Having the best of both worlds is the icing on the cake

Good Luck
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Depending on the bow an extra inch of draw is going to only give you 5-10 fps at most. But like was already said if the draw is too long your not going to shoot better and will probably shoot worse.

You won't even see the difference in your pin gap or on target with that minimal speed increase.

my set up Quest QS33 at 30" DL with loop and at 70#, without loop i'll need 30.5 but i feel more prefect and comfortable with 30" with loop, and adjust the release trigger,
    the arrow rest i have just adjust backward on my tri van contour, but the arrow i plan to use 7595 and 300 velocity both has 10 gr difference,