You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Give me long axle and good brace heigth!

New bow. 2007 Model! Old School which is what I am!

xt 3000 limbs, ata 41 1/2" 60/70lbs
    8 1/2" brace height Hoyt Pro Elite
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-25-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I thought you liked something in that 38" range...I know you have said that numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    I thought you liked something in that 38" range...I know you have said that numerous times.
    Hornet if your lucky enough to have a friend and coach such as Dean Pridgean you got to listen! I shot longer axle bows quite well before. I dont hold a bow near as well as I once did either.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Hornet if your lucky enough to have a friend and coach such as Dean Pridgean you got to listen! I shot longer axle bows quite well before. I dont hold a bow near as well as I once did either.
    DB
    Not to take anything away from Dean....but I do and several of them.

I shoot longer axle bows well also....and always have. BUT that doesn't mean that the bow is going to be more forgiving for you just because it's longer and has more bh. My PE with 3000 was forgiving....but not as forgiving as the same bow with 2000s and I sure don't shoot it as well as the 35.5" with a 7.25" bh bow I am shooting now that I sold the PE to buy.

I shoot longer axle bows well also....and always have. BUT that doesn't mean that the bow is going to be more forgiving for you just because it's longer and has more bh. My PE with 3000 was forgiving....but not as forgiving as the same bow with 2000s and I sure don't shoot it as well as the 35.5" with a 7.25" bh bow I am shooting now that I sold the PE to buy.
    I realize this and I can order some 2000 limbs. Were going to split the cables and shoot through like Dean did on his 2005 model. Good thing about once you get the risor you can do some swapping. Gotta admit the Pro elite a fine feeling bow. I have always shot longer axle bow real well in the past. I hope I like the cam and half.
    DB

The old mans 73 years old and I doubt I could beat him on the field range or indoor. Maybe indoor! Something to be said for old school mentality. They sure keep it simple.

DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.

The ProElite is a tried and true classic.

I'm keeping mine for the forseeable future.

I wouldn't mind having a Contender, but it will be a while before the penny jar gets that full.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The ProElite is a tried and true classic.

I'm keeping mine for the forseeable future.

I wouldn't mind having a Contender, but it will be a while before the penny jar gets that full.

Allen
    Several guys I talked to didnt like the Contender and went back to Pro elite.

AlphaElite sure felt great. Hoyts always made some fine bows. I shot nothing but Hoyts for 17yrs when beginning archery.
    DB

Good choice..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

The old mans 73 years old and I doubt I could beat him on the field range or indoor. Maybe indoor! Something to be said for old school mentality. They sure keep it simple.

DB
    I am young but have that same mentality.....you all make things WAY harder then they are.

I loved my PE and if I hadn't bought the bow I bought last spring to hunt with I would probably have 3 of them right now with 2000s and spirals on them. Instead I have 2 Katera XLs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Good choice..
    Now Javi you haven't forgot all you knew about Hoyts have you? Im planning on getting some advice on these cams and Hoyts from you

Dean keep saying it still comes down to looking in the mirror at the promblem

DB

I am young but have that same mentality.....you all make things WAY harder then they are.

I loved my PE and if I hadn't bought the bow I bought last spring to hunt with I would probably have 3 of them right now with 2000s and spirals on them. Instead I have 2 Katera XLs.
    Always loved Hoyts. Going to be fun to be shooting them again. Just have to learn all these limb deflections and cams and combinations possiable.
    DB

What's the IBO of the Pro Elite? You going to be able to get your arrows up to 280 without having to shoot 70lbs?
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

DB, I Agree!!

Even Most Hunters would be better off shooting bows in the 33" to 36" range.

All this short Bow Rage is fueled by Marketing to make guys think they need a shorter Bow. I'm sure if you figured the savings that a company saves on risers by cutting down to 28" to 32" then mulitiply that by several thousand bows sold. It does nice things to their bottom line

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default Speed

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    What's the IBO of the Pro Elite? You going to be able to get your arrows up to 280 without having to shoot 70lbs?
    Most likely have to get 2000 limbs to get this bow there.

This will most likely be a indoor bow.

Really not concerned about the speed.
    DB

Nice bow DB. One thing I like about you is your willingness to continue to try new setups to better your shooting.

I agree w/ Hornet that a longer ata is always better is not the case. My sweet spot ranges between the 33-36". Every shooter is different, finding that may take some trial and error but is key.

I think alot of shooters hold themselves back simply by sticking w/ a setup simply because they don't want to or have the means to change or try something new.

I don't buy that a hunting bow has to be 35" to shoot well. I like short bows for hunting. 32" with 7" of bh is my ideal hunting bow.
    Be good or be good at it.

Whats your opinions on the Vantage Elite w/2000s in comparison to the the Alpha E., Pro E. and the Contender E.?
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

my better scores have been with bows 34 to 38 inch or longer. just seems like i have to work less to shoot well. i have had some bows that just seem to be less critical to shoot well compared to others.

Most likely have to get 2000 limbs to get this bow there.

This will most likely be a indoor bow.

Really not concerned about the speed.
    DB
    Yeah for indoor it won't really matter. I was thinking more for 3D. I like to shoot x-cutters with 140 in the nose so the finished weight is right at 400 grains. Seems there are a lot bows that can't get me to 280 unless I want to shoot 70 lbs.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    Yeah for indoor it won't really matter. I was thinking more for 3D. I like to shoot x-cutters with 140 in the nose so the finished weight is right at 400 grains. Seems there are a lot bows that can't get me to 280 unless I want to shoot 70 lbs.
    Totally agree its not the best 3d bow for sure. If you learn to put those arrows in the middle you dont need them fat shafts.
    DB