You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default 4 fletch just for giggles

i want to try some 4 fletch arrows for 3d this year at least for a little while. i know braden and some other shooters have shot 4 fletch arrows and had good results, butwhat rest were they using? drop away or launcher?

In the testing I have done with 3 and 4 fletch arrows was that there was no difference in impact even at 80yds. LAst year I fletched my X10's with 3 and 4 mini blazers and 3 and 4 micro blazers. They all grouped the same and When i say the same they were all together 3 and 4 fletch of both vanes. I played with 3 and 4 fletch indoors with 5 inch feathers on my 2512s and 3 and 4 fletch with flex fletch 400's on my 2212's. All the 2512's shot the same as did the 2212's. One benefit to 4 fletch is gaining vane clearance past the cables due to the vanes being closer together. The 4 fletch will shoot off either a spring steel style launcher rest or a drop away. The clearance for the spring steel blade is reduced due to the vanes being closer together. As for 3D 4 fletch may halp if your goal is to deflect your shooting buddys arrow out the 14 ring due to there being one more vane in the way of his arrow. But then again there is one more vane to give him a better aiming point. All in all you will not see a difference save the money and use 3 vanes

lol yeah but they look cool... seriously thanks that was exactly what i figured. i just was kinda bored and had a randoom thought and have some new arrows arriving tomorrow and thought... hmm that would be fun to try out.

flex fletch 400's look awsome 4 fletched.

i have blazers and mini blazers in neon green, or the wife's pink or purple fletchings... need to shop i guess

If you meant Mike Braden, he shoots a trophy taker drop away

Quote Originally Posted by acesup View Post
    If you meant Mike Braden, he shoots a trophy taker drop away
    yes i did. one of my bows has the Trophy Taker Smackdown on it. Very nice rest I think.