You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mini broadhead

Default mini broadhead

was search for a mini fixed blade cut on contact, i was in broadhead talk.com and they seek like ghost room with no repond, anyways come here and question and compare on 2 different slick trick razortrick vs steel force phathead or titanium bullet, i'm still in mixed up on what broadhead i want to get mechincal and fixed blade but i do like the look steel force titanium bullet has a teethback of blade and what do u like about razortrick and titanium bullet
    i wonder will the 1 degree offset fletch 2" HP blazer steer them ? but other broadhead i still cirous about helix boradhead..
    anyone shoot them yet ??

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

slick tricks not accurate at all, but most fixed blades arent. imo mechanicals are the way to go, but thats just me.

i understand, there a smallest mech in rocket steelhead, i'm sure people will have own opinion on varity of heads i just want to hear from them..
    i will have to find around,

Quote Originally Posted by archeryassasin View Post
    slick tricks not accurate at all, but most fixed blades arent. imo mechanicals are the way to go, but thats just me.
    this can't be farther from the truth....you just have to take the time and learn how to tune your broadheads and your bow.

Slick tricks are one of the best flying around if properly tuned they will fly with your practise tips, they are sharper than average and make a nice wound channel with good blood trails.

Mechanical blades are just that mechanical and anything mechanical fails once in awhile including broadheads.

well u can obviously sight ur bow in with any broadhead and get them to shoot on, but what i was trying to say is that with the mechanicals i use you can shoot without moving ur sight from shooting field points. and ive had no mechanical probs, just saying.

move sight or rest can happen when someone shot a fixed blade broadhead, but i'm trying to tune and shoot the same than adjust but i'm still will have to keep research and trying to find broadhead for my hunting bow ..
    might go rocket steelhead mechanical

will have to see somethings difference

well if your looking to go mechanical check out bloodrunners and also spitfires. both have fieldpoint accuracy and ive had no problems with either shooting animals

yeah i have been research on NAP for few month but i'm looking to make sure i pick up right one for my bow and arrow and spine that way arrow fly through pass complete at like 270 to 290 fps bow that i have 377.95 gr and 388.55 gr arrow
    i like to be small broadhead not long tip to back but small tip to back and a diamenter like rocket steelheadso i can have long life on quiver than torn down the foam..

well if your looking to go mechanical check out bloodrunners and also spitfires. both have fieldpoint accuracy and ive had no problems with either shooting animals

Steelheads have accounted for a few of my deer, and they're one of my favorite mechanicals.
    Slick tricks are popular for 2 reasons. They're easy to tune for a fixed blade head and they leave a nice hole for a small head.
    G5 Montecs are another accurate head but some find them hard to re-sharpen. G5 Strikers are the replaceable blade version of the Montec IMO, sharp and accurate, another good choice in a fixed blade head.
    Last edited by red44; 01-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    FBSA Member

NAP Nitron is also a good small diameter fixed blade and are pretty accurate.really sharp and durable.

Man, Iv been hooked on Wasp broadheads the last few years and this year hunted with the BOSS Bullet. Talk about accurate, tough and sharp! They are priced great too. $30.00 for 6 vs. $40.00 for 6 or $30.00 for 3 of most other brands. I cant recomend Boss Bullets enough.
    In a better world, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would be the name of a convenience store and not the name of a govenment agency.

small fixed broadhead and high profile blazer is it make any difference and steer and rotate and spin if use straight or offset or helical fletching,

i was curious about small head and fletch from low or high profile ..

well u can obviously sight ur bow in with any broadhead and get them to shoot on, but what i was trying to say is that with the mechanicals i use you can shoot without moving ur sight from shooting field points. and ive had no mechanical probs, just saying.

Your missing the point...
    if you know how to tune your bow and your arrows you won't have to move your site to go between broadheads and field points.

You obviously are not setup correctly. Slick Tricks are the Most accurate fixed blade I have ever shot in 40 plus years. They fly right with my field points out to 60 yards.

If they did Not I would be taking a serious look at my Bow Tune.

Dan

Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

JT, Use Helical for Broadheads. I tune my Bow to a gnat's arse but I still use all the steering I can get. I have used Feathers, Blazers, regular vanes, and QS Vanes including the Speed Hunters.

I always go back to Feathers because they can't be beat.

Blazers, etc will get the job done but give me feathers. I've also been impressed with the QS Speed Hunter ST's

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
    small fixed broadhead and high profile blazer is it make any difference and steer and rotate and spin if use straight or offset or helical fletching,

Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

i have been using blazers for a ew years and love them. i alway use a helical on them for broadheads. for field points you can easily get by with just an offset.

i saw this fletching jig at the paris texas ASA shoot a couple of years ago and it made fletching blazers with a helical super easy. you can use a different arm for helical and straight. the guy demoing the jig used the fastset glue and had a blazer glued on in about 10 seconds start to finish.

http://www.bohning.com/store/blazer-...ching-jig.html

i has a AAE fletching jig that has 1 degree offset slight to straight, and i just buy 2" vanetec HP blazer, the arrow rest i have is tri-van contour " static " and the mike from mid atlantic archery he recommend straight and offset for this arrow rest but if go tri van vanishing then can do any fletch u want..
    reason i wonder about small broadhead and the blazer might give better chance accruate as they say blazer give arrow a arrow..
    but i might have to go with mech then buy a different jig and arrow rest then can go with fixed blade head..

i'm take a look at rocket steelhead in 2 different mechanical one orginal steel and other same size but add a cut on contact.. 1 1/8" diameter

i has a AAE fletching jig that has 1 degree offset slight to straight, and i just buy 2" vanetec HP blazer, the arrow rest i have is tri-van contour " static " and the mike from mid atlantic archery he recommend straight and offset for this arrow rest but if go tri van vanishing then can do any fletch u want..
    reason i wonder about small broadhead and the blazer might give better chance accruate as they say blazer give arrow a arrow..
    but i might have to go with mech then buy a different jig and arrow rest then can go with fixed blade head..

i'm take a look at rocket steelhead in 2 different mechanical one orginal steel and other same size but add a cut on contact.. 1 1/8" diameter
    what is your draw weight?

my bow is set at 70# and 30" DL with d-loop

my bow is set at 70# and 30" DL with d-loop
    you can easily get good penetration with those specs from mechanical broadheads. the main thing i look for from mechanicals is that the blades are not extending past the tip. so the tip penetrates before the blades. just seemed like there is less of a chance for the blade to throw off the arrow to me.