You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mini broadhead

most mechanicals they dont have blade that pass the tip, they stay below the tip, what mech that has a blade that extending pass the tip ? i dont think any of mech have one..

some are farther behind the tip. some are closer. i don't know what brands, but you can certainly search at different sites of manufacturers and easily see what i mean.
    i am having a hard time finding pictures of closed broadheads. most pictures are showing opened ones.

ok here are a couple of pics with closed blades. i hope this will help you understand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

another picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of the reasons I went to 125 grain Steelheads. The tip extended farther out ahead of the blades. The 100's were almost even.
    Cath8 I also have been a Wasp fan for a long time. Still in my quiver.
    FBSA Member

yeah, i can see clear, that mini vortex have pass the tip but a friend of mine used to shot that vortex and pentarte the buck only 1/2 arrow on his mathews z max back in 1996, told me it work but the buck dead 200 yd away from where he shot..

i have never shot a vortex, they seem too big cut blade cause poor pentarte at high speed bnow ?

The latest trend (since the Rage) is a big cut head. That works if you clear the first side and encounter just ribs. Hit something more substantial and that big cut is big resistance too. Not worth the gamble IMO.
    FBSA Member

i'm still research and read review about rocket steelhead broadheads and, i do like they made a small mechanical heads and i'm think about get them in cut on contact..
    i havent shot rage but read alot awful negative about them but i doesnt cares about what they talk about rage.. who know i will change my mind and try rage i dont know .. plenty time til bow season next fall ..

They're making a cut on contact tip now?
    FBSA Member

yep rocket does. called steelhead XP has cut on contact on mech it has 1 1/8 " cut diameter it simple to steelhead both are same but XP is the cut on contact.. go check steelhead at trophy ridge

i shot ramcats this year 1 3/8 fixed . tested them in my hooter shooter at 38 yards shot 6 was able to shoot a 1 1/4 tip to tip group . how much more accurate do you want with a fixed head and 1 3/8 isnt consider a small head . that was with a 350 grain arrow( victory hv v3 300) at 340fps with fusion vanes .but its all in the setup.

ramcat look new to me but never tried shot them but i wonder how do the blade dont closed in full just like 1/2 like i see on video, and dont know about it..

dont know exactly what your asking . the blades dont close . but there sharpned on both sides and what they do is if you dont get a pass through when pulled backward they cut a 1 3/4 hole on the way back out . but there not considered a expandable because they dont open on impact .

Default mechanicals

I just want rockey mtn to bring back the snyper imo the best mechanical ever made.many deer zero faliures.i think the biggest thing is the bow still has to be tuned to perfection to get max mechanical penetration.for fixed I have found the slick tricks to be spot on great shooting head.i think the rage 40 ke has potential with a little work,most people at my shop are putting bands on the blades to ensure no premature deployment 10 sec fix

i plan on order a steelhead XP this week and leave in til this season coming up .. i think i like the nitride look tough head with cut on contact.

You cant go wrong with a steelhead XP, but I really like the standard steelhead or the Steelhead XL. {WHY} The tip and farrell are one piece, thus you will never have a tip bend over on bone impact. Yes the blades are close to the tip on the XL but in all the actual hunting I have done with them I have Never had a blade cause deflection. This year I shot a nice buck quartering hard toward me at 34yds. The broadhead hit at mid sholder blade and went right through almost to the back leg! No deflection, and the buck didnt make it 100yds. Never had a problem with Rockets! and will shoot them for life!

How much KE are you shooting?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by mtbowhunter View Post
    You cant go wrong with a steelhead XP, but I really like the standard steelhead or the Steelhead XL. {WHY} The tip and farrell are one piece, thus you will never have a tip bend over on bone impact. Yes the blades are close to the tip on the XL but in all the actual hunting I have done with them I have Never had a blade cause deflection. This year I shot a nice buck quartering hard toward me at 34yds. The broadhead hit at mid sholder blade and went right through almost to the back leg! No deflection, and the buck didnt make it 100yds. Never had a problem with Rockets! and will shoot them for life!
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

These are 1" cut from High Country Archery that I have used for 4years

MSRP $24.99 3pk
    replacement blades available

mini broadhead - General Archery Forum

think HCA dont make a broadhead anymore today ? where do u get that ? but 55gr pretty light for my set up but i would shot a 100 gr unless if u are use very heavy arrow good chance to use 55 gr head..

also i do remeber HCA used to make thier own carbon arrows and now they arent make anymore expect for 2 or 3 bow models ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bburg Hunt N Fish View Post
    These are 1" cut from High Country Archery that I have used for 4years

MSRP $24.99 3pk
    replacement blades available

We still produce the broadheads and arrows and there are 4 bows in the line for 2011 with 1-2more to be released in the 3rd quarter.
    HCA is under new ownership since Oct 2009 and is working hard to bring the company back to the forefront.
    The picture above was taken with my setup with a 55brh - 6.2 HCA speed pro arrow and HCA X10 70lb. 30dl
    We carry them in stock just let me know.