You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: mini broadhead

Here is a link to a trajectory calculator. I plugged your numbers in and it shows a trajectory from 20 to 40 yards right at 10"

40 is as far as this one goes. I'm sure at 47 yards you have a trajectory of approx 14" Hardly capable of shooting with one pin with any degree of accuracy using No KY Elevation as you stated.

I agree shooting is believing! I was amazed at how much arc an arrow has at over 400 fps out to 45 yards

http://www.outdoorsden.com/archery/archbal.asp

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Bburg Hunt N Fish View Post
    sure. your more than welcome.But shooting is believing.
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

as i have read all post here indulde my post, and i think they are trying to find a speed with small head but today they have start make a heavy small head like ultimate steel, nap nitron, sonic, and more..

the speed isnt matter to me but i will be happy if i get 280 fps but still plenty fast to kill anythings..

i'm trying to get many post around to see if any company will make a small spitfire or other coz i know many bowhunter want arrow to exit to show a brag photo like us do..

Quote Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
    as i have read all post here indulde my post, and i think they are trying to find a speed with small head but today they have start make a heavy small head like ultimate steel, nap nitron, sonic, and more..

the speed isnt matter to me but i will be happy if i get 280 fps but still plenty fast to kill anythings..

i'm trying to get many post around to see if any company will make a small spitfire or other coz i know many bowhunter want arrow to exit to show a brag photo like us do..
    QUOTE=JTClark;284595]was search for a mini fixed blade cut on contact, i was in broadhead talk.com and they seek like ghost room with no repond, anyways come here and question and compare on 2 different slick trick razortrick vs steel force phathead or titanium bullet, i'm still in mixed up on what broadhead i want to get mechincal and fixed blade but i do like the look steel force titanium bullet has a teethback of blade and what do u like about razortrick and titanium bullet
    i wonder will the 1 degree offset fletch 2" HP blazer steer them ? but other broadhead i still cirous about helix boradhead..
    anyone shoot them yet ??[/QUOTE]

That is why I want to make sure we stay on topic for you.
    also I know you mentiond fixed but have you looked at the Reign Broadhead from EP Hunting?
    Last edited by Bburg Hunt N Fish; 02-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.

not at all i have search through but most i search the small broadhead and have find steelhead have some, but let me check ep hunter see what is that..

also just happen stop at store take look at bowhunting magazine and u know helix broadhead have been in magazine .

just check out regin broadhead, and it look awful, when they show the blade wing just move like swing, but i'm not sure about the if they would hit riser if someone are shoot backward of riser or have to change the arrow and shot little longer shaft for that..
    on my bow i shot a shorter backward of riser but that broadhead sound almost same as ramcat but other guy who use ramcat on 1 3/8" and say cause hit riser wall or shelf " sample to that regin as they arent closed

i wonder have u done shot them and what do u have any report or explain how they going to do with riser and arrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
    just check out regin broadhead, and it look awful, when they show the blade wing just move like swing, but i'm not sure about the if they would hit riser if someone are shoot backward of riser or have to change the arrow and shot little longer shaft for that..
    on my bow i shot a shorter backward of riser but that broadhead sound almost same as ramcat but other guy who use ramcat on 1 3/8" and say cause hit riser wall or shelf " sample to that regin as they arent closed

i wonder have u done shot them and what do u have any report or explain how they going to do with riser and arrow ?
    I have had several customers use them . I myself have only shot them into a traget and they do fly well.
    I cut the arrows to keep if flush or just out front of the riser for clearance purposes and also saftey.
    That is just my likings but not everone shoots the same.
    The Reign is really different and the head itself is very small.

would love to see regin make a new models as closed blade and when it hit it open smooth and cut like ice auger,
    but HELIX broadhead from strickland look deadly, show a guy use recurve and shot a black bear complete pass thur with this head at like 180 fps, but i havent found a email address or a contact us on this site to ask question on how long is tip to back of blade like 1 or 2 inch,

know steelforce make a small phathead in 1 inch long from tip to back of blade, but reason i like small is way u can draw arrow into riser w/o hit riser wall or shelf

slick trick has small head, never have try it yet but have read alot post that they have use slick trick and have success shot animals around the world.

Charlie Mike+Nightingale poppiewellie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    Speed is not the Cure all! 55 grain broadhead would Not give very good FOC.

I won't shoot a broadhead tipped arrow with less than 12% preferably closer to 15%

Dan
    If you use 55grain broadhead with weighted inserts, it will be able to provide better impact resistance and also improve FOC.
    Bowtech Allegiance, Equalizer,
    HCA Speed Pro, Ironmaze,
    Mathews Monster