You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Gold tip XXX

Default Gold tip XXX

I'm currently shooting a pro series gold tip triple x. I ran across a guy that had a great deal on 2 dozen ready to shoot but there not a pro series. I know there a little different in the straightness in the two arrows but how much would it affect me? Could I take a pro series and a non pro series and shoot the two in a group or are they gonna be a difference in the flight of the arrows? Thanks anything will help.

Anything is possible but for the most part an average shooter will not see the difference in grouping, about the only difference you may see is a minor difference in weight, in relation to the batch number but here again, something that probably won’t show up at 20 yards.

For 3D at a longer distance you may end up tweaking a few.

JDX--
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinbowhunter View Post
    I'm currently shooting a pro series gold tip triple x. I ran across a guy that had a great deal on 2 dozen ready to shoot but there not a pro series. I know there a little different in the straightness in the two arrows but how much would it affect me? Could I take a pro series and a non pro series and shoot the two in a group or are they gonna be a difference in the flight of the arrows? Thanks anything will help.
    it really depends how short you cut them. if youre arrow is shorter than 28" then you will not be able to tell any difference in the 2 arrows.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Cricket Spitting Champ

The biggest factor with these shafts are the pins. Because they have almost no spine or flexability to speak I have found the pin needs to be straight. Arrows we shoot with a spine that we break, seem to be more forgiving. If your center shot is on and your pins are straight youy will love these shafts!

Default Shafts

Quote Originally Posted by justinbowhunter View Post

Average guy might not see any difference. We use a spine tester on all are arrows before cutting them and fletching them. Time consuming but worth it.

I have shot the silver label Goldtips in xcutters and couldnt tell any difference.

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Thanks guys