You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Release??

Default Release??

I am new here, but have been shooting a bow for 25 yrs now. I used to have a lyons release but finaly wore it out and had to buy a differant kind. I ended up getting a truball stinger. I have never gotten used to the the way I have to "pull" the triger. On the lyons I all I had to do was lay my finger on it for it to fire. I am looking for the same type of firing, very light. I have heard that the scott shark is like this? I am just looking for what everyone likes the best to give me an idea as to where to start looking.

just you try setting the tension adjusting screw on it .

I have the screw as low as it will go and still be able to draw the bow back.

I shoot with the scott shark, I don't have much to compare it to however I can say that anytime someone else has me try their release I am unpleased. It has a very light trigger which makes it easier to use your back rather than your finger.

i try to get most of my shooters away from a light trigger . i like them pretty stiff . i can acctually come close to punching it and not have it go off . to me stiffer is more accurate then real soft and easier to control. but thats me and my shooters . but its all about what works for you.

If you are comfortable and happy with a hair trigger index finger release, the Spot Hogg Wise Guy is probably what you're looking for. Hair trigger adjustment w/ no travel.
    Be good or be good at it.

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Scott Shark

I just bought the shark last week and love it. Just touch it and it goes.It also has four length ajustments.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Scott makes a variety of releases and they have very nice trigger adjustments on them

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default release

I really the carter rx1 it has a great trigger and for a cheaper release the fletcher flat head also a great trigger no trigger movement at the shot and they both are set heavy enough you can preload the trigger beford backtension to fire them.i think hair trigger leads to punching

scott makes quality stuff. I have a little bitty goose and like it. Take a look at any of the scott styles. I also like the rope or nylon strap connection system which takes some of the torque away from the string.
    I also have had a truball short n sweet. great trigger on these as well. I just didnt like the straight or forward trigger on the S1 model. I plan to try the S2 model some time.
    have you thought about trying a thumb release?
    I just got a carter target 4 and a insatiable 3 I like them so far. It's different but my grouping is really improving. No travel at all in these releases.
    Mathews Switchback, HHA 5519, Ripcord code Red rest, Cartel stabilizer, Scott little bitty goose, Carter Target 4+,... and a few other things.

Oregon Descutes 65-80 lb. bow (sold)

If your wanting a wrist strap index trigger release take a look at the Spot Hogg Wise Guy or the Hot Shot Infinity. Both have great crisp clean triggers. I shoot thumb style releases. I have Spot Hogg SNS, Hot Shot Tempest and a few Carters. To me they feel better to shoot with then a wrist style.

love the scotts have never had a problem with any of them
    don't think you can go wrong with a scott

Just picked up a scott quick shot from ebay on sunday, it just came in the mail to day! from what little I have played with it, it feals like my old release so I should be able to get back to the way I learned to shoot! Thanks for all the info, and input! Josh