You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Carbon Matrix??

Default Carbon Matrix??

So I have been shooting my 05 hoyt for a while now and I bought a carbon matrix to shoot 3D with. This is only my second bow but I expected to see a major difference in the two bows but havent really noticed much. I will say I havent sighted in my 30, 40, and 50yd pins yet but at 20 seems the same. It is a bit smoother but not $$$$ smoother. My 05 hoyt is I believe a ultratec not quite sure been shootin it so long I forgot but I'll take a look in a few

Quote Originally Posted by jessgcmo View Post
    So I have been shooting my 05 hoyt for a while now and I bought a carbon matrix to shoot 3D with. This is only my second bow but I expected to see a major difference in the two bows but havent really noticed much. I will say I havent sighted in my 30, 40, and 50yd pins yet but at 20 seems the same. It is a bit smoother but not $$$$ smoother. My 05 hoyt is I believe a ultratec not quite sure been shootin it so long I forgot but I'll take a look in a few
    Biggest thing is these are 2 differents bows. I mean way different. U have to get this bow to aiming by playing with mass weight, holding wt, and be sure the draw is the same as the other. So many different variables between the 2 bows.
    It takes time to get a different bow to aim as well or better than the last. Regardeless of how much you spent there are no magic bows out there.
    Good luck.
    Jame

I'm just hoping it's me and not the bow. The biggest thing is with my old bow I was banging bullseyes easy at 20yds and now I seem to be having trouble, of course I always seem to do worse at a bow shop than in the backyard or at a 3d range. It seems to me at the bow shop there is always someone there to tell you what your doing wrong rather than just letting you shoot. The way I got so good with my other bow was avoiding the bowshops. I don't have anything against the help but your second day shooting the bow is not the time to be focusing on all the form/tech issues. I believe that should be addresed several hundred shots down the road when you and the bow have become good buddies. I guess I probably know the answers to my questions and I'm actually just venting a lil. I travel for a living and take my bows everywhere with me. Tomorrow im gonna shoot at an outdoor range and sight in the rest of my pins and I have a pretty good feeling Im gonna regret not going to the 3d shoot I found not too far from here.

Good Post!

I just got a Hoyt Matrix Plus and I Love it! Quality throughout, and holds on target like a rock. It is also super quiet with little to no vibration on the shot. The shorter version (Carbon Element) is going to be a big seller this year.

Hoyt better gear up!

Didn't you shoot the bow a while before purchase?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    Biggest thing is these are 2 differents bows. I mean way different. U have to get this bow to aiming by playing with mass weight, holding wt, and be sure the draw is the same as the other. So many different variables between the 2 bows.
    It takes time to get a different bow to aim as well or better than the last. Regardeless of how much you spent there are no magic bows out there.
    Good luck.
    Jame
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

I just bought an 05 Pro Elite. Have shot the Matrix. But you may have one of Hoyts best made bows there in your 05. Matrix is not the best choice for shooting great groups. Older Ultra Tec and Pro tecs won and won alot in the day.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

yeah i shot it but ya know, again I think The post ended up being a way for me to vent rather than get advice. I really do like the matrix alot!!! I didn't really have any "real" complaints other than the guy standing next to me critizing my every shot. The day before he wasn't around and I was doing great. These guys make me nervous and somehow I manage to make mistakes. I'm goin to sight in my 30, 40, and 50 yd pins today and when I make some longer shots I'm sure I'll come back and tell you guys how freakin awsome it is. That 05 ultra tec really has been a great bow. I'm gonna turn up the poundage and make it my hunting bow. I've taken shots with it out to 50 and surpised myself with it for being a smaller axle to axle it does very well.

yeah i shot it but ya know, again I think The post ended up being a way for me to vent rather than get advice. I really do like the matrix alot!!! I didn't really have any "real" complaints other than the guy standing next to me critizing my every shot. The day before he wasn't around and I was doing great. These guys make me nervous and somehow I manage to make mistakes. I'm goin to sight in my 30, 40, and 50 yd pins today and when I make some longer shots I'm sure I'll come back and tell you guys how freakin awsome it is. That 05 ultra tec really has been a great bow. I'm gonna turn up the poundage and make it my hunting bow. I've taken shots with it out to 50 and surpised myself with it for being a smaller axle to axle it does very well.
    Dont let anyone bother you! If your ever going to shoot tournaments you got to learn to tune it out. Relax, aim and follow through!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I used to have a 05 Vtec and like you shot it great. Then I got the AM35. Totally different beast but was able to adapt fairly quickly because they weighed about the same. Then I got the Matrix. Man what a bow. But if I was going straight to it from my 05 , I probably would feel the same.You probably will have to add a little mass weight to it to get it to feel right. Then, when you get used to it, you can take away the mass weight and you will wonder how you ever shot the older bows as good as you did.