You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Shooting Shoes

Hybrid View

Default Shooting Shoes

Usually when I shoot indoor, I wear Asic running shoes. The other night I wore different shoes and I never could get steady on the target. Didn't feel balanced at all. The shoes had a higher heel and I felt pitched forward. Today while practicing, I tried different shoes to see what affect it had on my steadiness. After trying several different configurations, heel higher than toes, toes higher than heel and neutral. The shoes that did best were a cheap pair of Walmart moccasins that were completely flat. What shoes do you wear when shooting? Do good archers pay attention to their footwear?
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

My ADIDAS...just like the song Doesn't matter if it's indoors or outdoors.....I want a flat bottom shoe.

most people wear skate shoes, soccer shoes (indoor of course) , or the really old school running shoes, like Saucony or New Balance with a flat bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    The other night I wore different shoes and I never could get steady on the target. Didn't feel balanced at all. The shoes had a higher heel and I felt pitched forward.
    Your shoes?....How high were they?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    Your shoes?....How high were they?
    You Rascal, they were black patent pumps with a 3 inch heel. You know the bad thing about it, if I thought they would make me shoot better, I would wear just about anything. Have a good evening. Randy
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

Sorry, just couldn't pass that one up

If my gal's feet weren't so tiny I'd have access to some of the nessesary equipment to do a more thorough review but for now all I have is an opinion.

My real opinion on foot posture (changing heel height) is that it will probably affect indoor spot scores for most but for indoor 3d it may actually be beneficial in getting you ready for the outdoor stuff.

My little huntin buddy Josh_Putman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    You Rascal, they were black patent pumps with a 3 inch heel. You know the bad thing about it, if I thought they would make me shoot better, I would wear just about anything. Have a good evening. Randy
    Silly, don't you know you need at least a 5" stiletto to shoot your best?

Gees, I thought EVERY one knew that.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidity.

The greatest thing I had accomplished in my life was serving my country, until I became a dad.

I've got quite a few customers that shoot indoors in hiking boots. The theory is the slight heels and wide stance are better for balance and support.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I always shoot bare foot in my basement.............I would like to try a set of soleless moccasins.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I've got quite a few customers that shoot indoors in hiking boots. The theory is the slight heels and wide stance are better for balance and support.
    10-4
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's more than a theory. Look at it this way. When you start putting up a building you put it on a good base if you want it to stand there. Same goes for archery.

Same can be said for building up the muscles. The legs are just as important as the upper body.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver