You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default magazine and gorilla glue

stopped at store to get somethings and happen want to check magazine, on peterson's bow and arrow magazine they are endrose gorilla glue for arrow building and it's show couple od advertise of gorilla glue on magazine

i think gorilla going to be top notch for carbon arrow ..

Will it heat release if you should need to pull an insert? If you see no need to unassemle an arrow, why not, I think most clues we use now are various super glue fomulas.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

I use gorilla glue super glue to fletch arrows. Works great and it is a lot cheaper than Tim's Goat Tough. It is just another cyanoacrylate glue. I do not think regular Gorilla Glue would work very well

Default Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeyerick View Post
    I use gorilla glue super glue to fletch arrows. Works great and it is a lot cheaper than Tim's Goat Tough. It is just another cyanoacrylate glue. I do not think regular Gorilla Glue would work very well
    I tried some of the regular stuff and it dont work. Must be this super glue.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

For fletching I prefer the Fletch Tite Platinum, and gluing inserts in I prefer the Easton HIT epoxy. Slower set but stronger bond & less brittle than other epoxies.

It is what it was designed for

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

There has been a lot of discussion on glues for arrow making. Here is my 2 cents worth. Two choices for fletching, super glue regardless of brand since it is all cyanoacylate and bohning fletch-tite-platinum. For inserts low-temp hot melt. I personally like the fletch-tite platinum, but will use super glue on occasion. I do a lot of tinkering with point weight and with low temp hot melt you can remove points with ease. I use to use expoxy and I think I lost more point with expoxy. Don't remember leaving an insert in the bale using hot melt.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

I understand that and that's the reason I say if a person is going to use Epoxy they are better using the slow set epoxies. IMO they are less brittle and not as prone to breaking loose

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    I use to use expoxy and I think I lost more point with expoxy.
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    I understand that and that's the reason I say if a person is going to use Epoxy they are better using the slow set epoxies. IMO they are less brittle and not as prone to breaking loose

Dan
    You may have a point there, I live in a small town and all I have found is a fast curing expoxy, It seem everybody wants the fast drying stuff. It isvery brittle when it dries. Next order to Lancaster I my order some the easton epoxy. Knock on wood, but I have had good success with low temp hot melt.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

hotmelt that they say it work that is what they use for point weight at 3d shooting but i'm not the 3d but a hunting and shoot backyard it all so all i can do is get a gold tip grip glue, if i want to aligment my head i would might use hotmelt but RISK for sure..

I use the Gorilla super glue for fletching and I love it! It has a rubber additive that helps it flex a bit. I use epoxy or hot melt for the inserts.

bought a bowhunter magazine and show adversite of gorilla glue, i guess they are start carry gorilla out and i'm sure gorilla will make a glue, fletching for archery, so if u are get magazine every month check ur magazine..

I tried the gorillla super glue for fletching but it leaves a white film on the arrows, which I didn't like. I went back to fletch tite platinum.

That's one reason I like the Fletch Tite also.

Trivial I know!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I tried the gorillla super glue for fletching but it leaves a white film on the arrows, which I didn't like. I went back to fletch tite platinum.
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    www.meanvarchery.com

gorilla will make a new brand and clear like water base and lightweight for fletching and insert someday who know ? it would be nice to see that ..
    let see how company going to mmake for archery needed..

The regular Gorilla Glue is useless for archery.

However, I've used the Gorilla Super Glue for fletching for about 2 years. It's cheaper and works as well as anything on the market at twice the price.

Lately, I've begun using Bohning tape for feathers. It's faster and does a much neater job. It sticks as good as any glue.

Hot melt for inserts. It's never failed me like epoxy has.

Allen