You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default magnifiction lens for hunter class

has anyone ever used a magnification lens with fixed pins in the hunter class. Ive been thinking about it real hard I just don't know what to buy,2x, 3x,4x,or 6x. I think im gonna buy a 4x lens and give it a go

using a 4x-6x lens will most likely require you to use a clarifer lens in a your peep.
    I use a 4X with a pink peep lens.
    2x is the most common

I used 3X and really liked it.

2X on the 55# slayer, pink verifier.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

alright so im still confident I wanna go 4x, can someone help me with exactly what option to go with for my peep...ya know where to buy online and what to buy exactly. #2 clarifier vs #1 as well as where to order and if you know off the top of your head all required componets i.e. peep,clarifier,any required tools, etc.

In order to see which clairifier or verifier ( differnt lens, differnt purpose ) you need you would have to actually see them and a sight at a pro shop, pretty much a crap shoot selecting what you'd need on-line, once you know which one you need, they can be found cheaper on-line, even used.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    In order to see which clairifier or verifier ( differnt lens, differnt purpose ) you need you would have to actually see them and a sight at a pro shop, pretty much a crap shoot selecting what you'd need on-line, once you know which one you need, they can be found cheaper on-line, even used.
    Good suggestion. There are several lenses of each type and you really need to try them. For starters you might want to go to a Specialty peep, which is threaded to accept the various lens configuration. Before buying the lens you can try different size apertures. If you have trouble with a blurry target sometimes just going to a smaller aperture can clear things up.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I use a 4x and no verifier. Works pretty well
    Bowtech Pro Staff
    Vaportrail Pro Staff
    Tru ball Pro staff

well took my chances and ordered what I figured I would need. I travel for a living and am currently in VA but live in MO. The two bow shops close to me are both more oriented toward bowhunting rather than target shooting. They don't carry these types of products in their shops. I went ahead and ordered a 3x lense for my sights and a #1clarifier/peep setup with 3 differnt size aperuteres. This should cover me for what I want end result. lol well see how lucky I get and I'll let you guys know how it all works out

I'm getting ready to make the jump to open. I will probably be using a 4x for outdoor 3-d and a 6x for indoor spots.

i thought you were not allowed to use magnification in the hunter class????

yes you can if you go onto asa's website and go to tournament rules, about 3/4's of the way down are the rules for hunter class and they say magnifacation is allowed. I didn't know either but once I read that I decided to give it a whirl.

C. AMATEUR – The following classes may shoot in one event per year without a full membership.
    1. Men’s Hunter 40 yards, 280 FPS
    This class is open to anyone who did not compete in Open A (or higher), win more than $200 in prize money in Unlimited or Open B, or win more than $400.00 in Hunter during their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition. All other amateur classes are eligible. Release, fixed pins with magnification allowed. Stabilizer Rule - A front stabilizer (or system including quick releases and/or enhancers) may be used, but may not exceed twelve inches (12”) in total length from the tip of the stabilizer (or system) to the point of attachment on the front of the riser provided by the manufacturer. A rear stabilizer or counter balance weight system may be used with a maximum of two extensions, but may not extend more than six inches (6”) in length as measured from either: (1) the point of attachment on the rear of the riser provided by the manufacturer, or (2) if there is no rear point of attachment the system may not extend more than six inches (6”) beyond the back of the grip

ohh sorry i was thinking of IBO