You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Bugs me

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default It Bugs me

Me a buddy of mine and my 24 year old son were shooting 3D yesterday and having a great time. My son shoots 80 lbs and My buddy was watching how fast those arrows were moving and made the comment Wow, I want to shoot 80 lbs. Then of course you get some loudmouth from another group that just has to put in his 2 cents and ask, why are you shooting 80lb's, what are you hunting and so on. Why can't you just shoot what you want to shoot and be left alone? My son shoots 80lb's because he can, and that's what he likes!!! He has killed more deer with a bow than most I know starting with 30 lbs at 12 years old.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

If I saw a big guy pulling 80 pounds, common sense tells me to keep my smart axx comments to myself.

Why does everyone who shoots 80 lbs have to tell you how many deer they've shot...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I would have the same opinion as the guy making the comment, but I wouldn't voice it unless asked. Then I would answer, but not in a derrogatory manner. What somebody else shoots is not my decision.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Why does everyone who shoots 80 lbs have to tell you how many deer they've shot...
    It not a matter of what or how many deer it's just when someone speaks up like that the first thing is well you don't need that poundage to kill a deer and we all know that. You don't need 70, 60,50,40,30 but why do we shoot what we shoot? Because it what we like for one reason or another.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Javi,

You've been at this long enough to know that some people are impressed by big numbers. To the OP. I'll bet you'd really enjoy pulling my arrows from a 3D target. They come out of a bow peaking 42# and still traveling almost 280 fps.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

most people tend to get pissed if you shoot over 60lbs, anything over 70 is a flat out fight. I shoot 59 to stay out of people's crosshairs.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Default Whats the big deal

Chris Hacker shoots 75lbs indoors,

Tom Crowe in his 60's and shoots 80 lbs indoor and for 3d.

Just a number.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

my old teacher who pull 100 lb draw and i draw my 70 and i get faster than his, draw weight is not important but i prefer pull more comtforable than rush and ruin ur shoulder.. 70# for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Chris Hacker shoots 75lbs indoors,

Tom Crowe in his 60's and shoots 80 lbs indoor and for 3d.

Just a number.
    DB
    Bunch of wimpy jealous people in archery is all. I could pull 90 if I wanted. I could pull 75 without a grunt. But I shoot 59 to keep the haters happy.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

it is what it is, shoot what u want and who cares what othr people think.
    u aint seen country yet!

You know it's just like shooting guns, I have a .340 WBY & .300wsm for my main hunting guns & people say WHY?? So I say BECAUSE I CAN & IT"S MINE so let them cry & have fun. They are just mad because they can't pull it

08 GTO Thumper
    09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

www.trinitycustomstrings.com

why on gods earth would anyone care what you pulled if you don't like it don't pull it thats why they make them in a range of pundages i pull 60 its what i like it's what i feel comfy with bfd i'd pull 50 if i could resell the bow not alot of 50 fans out there and it's hard enough to sell a bow with out getting low balled anyway

Way I hear it you ain't a real man unless you can shoot an 80 pound recurve anyway...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Back in my early twenties switching from recurve to compound 70 has always been comfortable,now being 47 I still shoot 70 and it's still comfortable, but in December I back it off a little with the cold winter's in a treestand.

I hunted with 90# and 80# bows for years and pounded lots of arrows in the offseason.

I can tell you my elbows and shoulders wish I had shot 60# all along.

60# for me!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

If you want to shoot 80# shoot 80#. I could careless what someone chooses to pull.

The door swings both ways. I think it's a bit of an inferiority issue for the guys that get their back up. But lot of high poundage guys like to let you know their draw wt. out of the blue.

Every shooter I've met that shoots 80 or above has stated their draw weight without being asked .

Always goes something like this..."Nice bow, how you like it?" "I like it alot, 80#'s and really fast."
    Be good or be good at it.

Loudmouths will be loudmouths. They will but into any topic where they are the resident 'expert'.

I shoot and hunt with 54# anymore.

BTW, I shoot such a low poundage to compensate for my big
    In a better world, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would be the name of a convenience store and not the name of a govenment agency.

I'm confused what does it matter anyway...was he coplaining because its harder to pull the arrows outta thew target or something. I don't see anyother reason to say something and I'm not even sure if thats true. 280fps is 280fps. the kinetic energy the bow is puttin out can't be that much more or at least not so much more that its super hard to get the arrows outta the target...right or am i wrong I've never shot anything over 65lbs

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

ive shot up to 80 pounds and cant tell any diffrence from shooting 60 or 70 othr then harder to get back, no speed difference or ke that i can tell anyway. im only 16 and 140pounds and ive seen grown men not able to pull my bow back lol
    u aint seen country yet!