You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Jessie Mount

Default Jessie Mount

Has anyone used the ProTuner with the Jessie Mount?

I just got one and wondered if anyone had any experience with it.

Does it realy help with torque?

Thanks,
    Allen

It does help but you have to experement with it.. slide rest as far back as it can go or as far front go to full draw really torque the bow shoot the shot at a line in the target (going up and down) arrow will hit oppisite of the torque in small incroments start sliding it back or forward and you will find a sweet spot where your arrows hit dead center no matter if torqued or not..
    PSE Staff, Xtreme Stabilization Staff, STAN Releases Staff, Bohning Staff,60X Custom Strings Staff, Feather Vision

STAFF SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by bowjoe1972 View Post
    It does help but you have to experement with it.. slide rest as far back as it can go or as far front go to full draw really torque the bow shoot the shot at a line in the target (going up and down) arrow will hit oppisite of the torque in small incroments start sliding it back or forward and you will find a sweet spot where your arrows hit dead center no matter if torqued or not..
    Thank you!

I've been using it a couple of weeks now. I set it about 1/2" from all the way back. I guess I was lucky because virtually all of the left and rights are gone.

However, for high's and low's, it seems a little more critical to bow hand tension. If I have any excess tension, I'll get a high blueberry. Can the Jessie Mount help that or do I just need to keep the tension out?

Thanks,
    Allen

Yes it really helps with torque.....pretty simple theory really. But like Joe said you have to play with it some to find the sweet spot. You want to start with it so that the blade is over your wrist.

Over the wrist joint actually , the concept is that is the point where torque will be at a mininum.

how many pros use this concept?

BriteSite is making the bar. I believe there is something to it. it is logical that a contact point of arrow and rest right over the wrist joint would minimize human enduced torque and reduce left right impacts. I dont have the bar, but ewhen I heard of the jesse bar, I slid all my rest back as far as they would go, closer to the wrist joint and I have more errors in elevation impacts then windage.
    Last edited by Compound Comedian; 02-20-2011 at 09:11 PM.