You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    Someone's bitter because cross bows don't use sideplates.
    Now that there is funny...

Long live the crossbow...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Texas

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Now that there is funny...

Long live the crossbow...
    I agree Texas needs a few more hunters down there Ill be sending some your way from Ok. All the big bucks are in Texas.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    I agree Texas needs a few more hunters down there Ill be sending some your way from Ok. All the big bucks are in Texas.
    DB
    Send them on Dan... I seen an ad for a lease yesterday... 150 acres $8000 a year for 4 hunters...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Send them on Dan... I seen an ad for a lease yesterday... 150 acres $8000 a year for 4 hunters...

Get those prices down it drivng way to many Texans north and I know Texans all have lots of money.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Owner of Horton promoted crossbows and showed hitting an apple at 100yrds.

Next year it will be 150yrds as crossbow manufactuers fight for sales.

DB
    They are showing accuracy of modern crossbows. My 14 year old twin boys both hit the 11 ring on a 3d target last year at 114 yards with compounds. That don't mean it OK to take a shot at an animal at that distance. We need to all stick together as hunters and not try to push what you don't like out of the group. That is as bad as the antis. I own a crossbow and will tell you there is no advantage as how far they can shoot. They have more drop than a compound bow. I hunt with a compound but used the crossbow to get my boy's in the field when they were 8 years old. They are now compound hunters. There is nothing wrong with crossbows. Some people just don't want see more people in the woods.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    They are showing accuracy of modern crossbows. My 14 year old twin boys both hit the 11 ring on a 3d target last year at 114 yards with compounds. That don't mean it OK to take a shot at an animal at that distance. We need to all stick together as hunters and not try to push what you don't like out of the group. That is as bad as the antis. I own a crossbow and will tell you there is no advantage as how far they can shoot. They have more drop than a compound bow. I hunt with a compound but used the crossbow to get my boy's in the field when they were 8 years old. They are now compound hunters. There is nothing wrong with crossbows. Some people just don't want see more people in the woods.
    Kebees this is second time some one has refered me to anti. Feel thats darn dissrespecfull to call someone that because I know what a anti hunter is.

Because I have my views how crossbows should be intruduced into hunting is not being a anti hunter. Crossbows have never been not allowed in my state ever. You can use one if you were handicapped or use them during gun season. If you think crossbow manufactuers are not drivng the issue of crossbows because of profits gained you diffiantly not full informed. There allowed in my state now because of increased sales of deer tags. Public hunting land can only allow so many hunters and money is now the driving force in my state. I said give them there own season but dont allow them in archery. Its just my opionion and not that of a anti hunter.
    DB

By the way I asked everyone I hunted with in Ohio before are law passed here including the bow shop owner how they felt about crossbows and 100% said they wished they werent allowed. Ignorance you might say bt I feel everyone is entitled to there opionions even on hunting. Kids can be taught to shoot a bow.
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.

QUOTE:::Those things aren't bows, and if the government allows them in the woods, it will be the ruination of archery and archery hunting.

That is what my grandfather told me about the compound bow almost 50 years ago. I am still waiting on a NEW argument against the crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by tedlebo View Post
    QUOTE:::Those things aren't bows, and if the government allows them in the woods, it will be the ruination of archery and archery hunting.

That is what my grandfather told me about the compound bow almost 50 years ago. I am still waiting on a NEW argument against the crossbow.
    MOney and greed will eventually ruin hunting. States who continue to push money and greed before good solid wildlife management!
    DB

viva la crossbow

MOney and greed will eventually ruin hunting. States who continue to push money and greed before good solid wildlife management!
    DB

THAT I CAN AGREE WITH, DB!!! Well said.
    _______Matt__________
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops: 330g Pro 22 @ 321fps
    Bowtech D350: 371g Flatline @ 336fps

All tuned to perfection by: Obsession Archery

Living in Ontario, where crossbows have been legal forever, I really think it makes no difference having them in our season. The guys that get skunked will do it with a crossbow or a compound. I do feel a major benefit is that it leaves fewer deer as coyote food. Many who will hunt regardless of being able to be accurate or not will hold a 6" group easier with a crossbow and keep the bolt in the lung area vs. 1' groups with a compound.

As for AT, I just stay away anymore. I check into the Canadian section once in a while and thats it.
    Anyone want to buy a Mathews C4???
    In a better world, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would be the name of a convenience store and not the name of a govenment agency.

DB

Only ruins hunting for those of us with shallow pockets.

do u think if crossbow would be good with people who have a really long draw over 33" or more ? like above 6'7" or taller ?
    a friend of mine who is 6'9" he has struggle find a long draw bow and he want shot a crossbow coz he isnt DA or handicap ? but in my mind he doesnt need crossbow..

he doesnt want buy a expensive bow but no choice for him.. well thanks god i'm not that long draw.. 30 ' prefect fit me w/o stright smack my arm..

Quote Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
    do u think if crossbow would be good with people who have a really long draw over 33" or more ? like above 6'7" or taller ?
    a friend of mine who is 6'9" he has struggle find a long draw bow and he want shot a crossbow coz he isnt DA or handicap ? but in my mind he doesnt need crossbow..

he doesnt want buy a expensive bow but no choice for him.. well thanks god i'm not that long draw.. 30 ' prefect fit me w/o stright smack my arm..
    Im sure it would be fine for him

Look for an older Conquest bow for him. Seems to be good choice for lang draw guys.
    DB

I feel the same way DB!

Dan

Im all for handicap shooting a crossbow or anyone that is limited from pulling a bow.
    DB
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

DB

And NOT my point. What I am saying is that every ANTI crossbow argument I hear today, is the exact same thing I heard 40 years ago from people arguing AGAINST the compound bow.
    I didn't understand it then, I don't understand it now. It opens the door for more people to become involved in hunting. Which would you rather see in the woods, a crossbow hunter who is at least moderately proficient with that weapon? Or someone who picks up a compound 3 days before the season starts? I see it here all the time, rifle hunters who take 2 shots the day before the season starts, they own an old compound for archery season that gets dusted off a day or two before the season starts. If someone can be accurate with the crossbow, more power to him.

Question Does the Crossbow kill any of North American animals effectively?
    Answer is YES.

I do not see why it is so bad. Yes at first I thought it was not right but that is just because I am a die hard bowhunter, never hunt with a rifle. But why should a man not be able to use this weapon. Heck it is actually pretty cool, I was working on a show about 7 years ago that Horton was considering sponsoring we took a guy down to texas and I set up his crossbow for him and with something to set the crossbow on like shooting a rifle I was crazy accurate at 60 yards. I mean I could keep ever shot within a 5 spot 10 for sure and have an high x count. Will there be some guys taking long shots and wounding deer well yes but it will be no different than now with a bow and arrow in their hands. Heck as a kid growing up loving to shoot the bow hunting would get tough and I would see a deer at long range and say what the heck give it a shot. Nowadays I will not take those chances hope that I have smartened up a little bit. There is no way to control that mindset so we just have to deal with that, because if we use these reasons to get rid of crossbows the same argument could be used to get rid of my love the Compound bow.

Go Crossbows, Why not. I personally can not wait to take my 9 year old daughter out next year and let her try and take a deer with one. I think a crossbow could be the best tool for teaching young kids to shoot without being scared. They shoot with no extremely loud bang and no recoil to hurt them. My Girls will love it.

Oh and SHAME ON ARCHERY TALK FOR LIMITING FREE SPEECH.

The Custom Sideplate Man Bigdog1's Avatar

Thank you Devine Shot! I started this as a thread about AT banning free speech, but somehow I became another anti-crossbow guy!
    How'd that happen????
    Custom SIDEPLATES for Discriminating Archers

"Cows may come and cows may go, but the Bull in this place goes on forever!"

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

I have no problem with someone handicap or elderly useing a crossbow in during bow season. The problem I have is everyone else during bow season.
    They can have a season of there own like, after gun season or push gun season out a week.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.