You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default singal pin sights

thinking about buying HHA DS 5000 sights.does anyone use these and what is the advantage over multi oin sights or disadvantages

you mean single

yes,didnt think that looked right.was in a hurry

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Hha

In hunting, I always used a single pin and would pick up a little on a long distance shot.You always here of people using the wrong pin thats the only disadvantage I can think of with a multy pin. The advantage to me is you can see your target better with a single pin . It's your preferance. I now use a HHA 5519 which I love for Hunting and 3D. It's an ajustable, it has a built in reistat so you can dim or brighten the pin and you can also add a scope lense and a light to it. During hunting season I will still lock it down.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

what im hoping is that i wont be bothered by the pins becoming fuzzy.my eyesight is still 20/20 but at low light multi pins start bluring together.thank u for ur reply.ordered a set this morning.

yeah i use a vital gear single pin and i love it! i shot lots of deer with it.
    if yaint shootin mathews yaint shootin

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

i also shoot vital gear single pins and im very successful with.
    u aint seen country yet!

brother
    if yaint shootin mathews yaint shootin

I hunt with a HHA OL 5519, leave it at 30 yys, but don't lock mine down. MIne has 5 feet of fiber, and in full light needs the rheostat, cause it will starburst in stron daylight. If the eyes are starting to go, drop by your favorite shop and ask the see the Speciatly Archery super ball peep and a range of verifiers, I use the pink, #5 lowest power and now see pin and target clearly again.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

Archery field tester

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I hunt with a HHA OL 5519, leave it at 30 yys, but don't lock mine down. MIne has 5 feet of fiber, and in full light needs the rheostat, cause it will starburst in stron daylight. If the eyes are starting to go, drop by your favorite shop and ask the see the Speciatly Archery super ball peep and a range of verifiers, I use the pink, #5 lowest power and now see pin and target clearly again.
    Yea, my eyes are getting weaker, and am seeing a big fuzzy pin now, will the verifier help with that?

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter4545 View Post
    Yea, my eyes are getting weaker, and am seeing a big fuzzy pin now, will the verifier help with that?
    Yes it does. I can see far but I have been noticing this last deer hunting season, the pin was fuzzy or I saw three pins. Yesterday I went to the pro shop and got a 1/4 inch peep made from Specilty Archery.I got it in my case , with the Blue lable verifer and I can see that pin clear as a bell. My peep site also comes with a 1/8 sleave so you can reduce the site to different sizes. Very Cool!!!
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

i got the one with 3 feet of fiber with a 29 pin.they should be here tomorrow.pretty excited about getting them.kinda dreed the sighting in process

Quote Originally Posted by AxeMonster View Post
    i got the one with 3 feet of fiber with a 29 pin.they should be here tomorrow.pretty excited about getting them.kinda dreed the sighting in process
    Whats to dread? Shooting is shooting, instead of seeing how many spots you hit, you just shoot for group, adjust pin accordingly, step back, I shoot in all my marks, every five yards. HHA's come with a pac of sight tapes, put a piece of masking tape on, find your 20 yds setting, step back to 25, move slider 1/4" and see where it hits, once you find the pin gap, it will gradually increase, but not much, depending on your equpiment, of course. But if your gap at 20 and 25 is say 1/4", about 1 1/2 will be 60 yd, once youve found your 60 ( think thats what the instructions say, 20 and 60 ) then find matching tape that fits your marks, move your slider pointer to the 20 yd mark, remove masking tape and replace with matching tape from pac. You can also move the pointer to the 20 yd mark, remove tape find match and replace. So easy even old guys like me can do it!
    Visit our web site
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.

Sorry for such a long post, favorite subject
    Visit our web site

i saw a video on u tube from ikes outdoors and looked at the instruction sheet on there website.it says it comes with a sight in tape.but the way u described it might be easier than the way they show.i know it cant be to hard.just never done it before.thanks for your help.

Nope not too hard, I've always enjoyed the sighting in process. I started marking sights like that way back in the late 60's, shoot Field then with a Bear HC-30, a 72" recurve. The 1st archery club I joined had an outdoor 42 target field course, about 4 miles from where I lived and worked. The sight-in butts were at the end of a bank of butts ( 10 ) and streched out along a old logging road, and every time it would raim, more arrowhead parts would be exposed. I worked as a prep cook/pearldiver, and worked a split shift, 9-12, 5-10. Each day my son andf I would go out to the range, I'd shoot 14 , and he tag along. After the round I'd work on form and release, shot with a finger tab, wasn't till the 70's I saw a release, nothing like we use now. While I was shooting and resting betwing shots, or going back and forth retriecing arrows, we'd find bit and pieces and every once in a while, after a heavy rain we find good ones! Each time I sight in a new tape, I remember those days with my 4 yo son.
    Visit our web site

you been shooting a long time so any advice u give should be good advice.im hopeing my son will take a bigger interest in archery but i dont want to force it on him.he has so many other things he would rather be doing at his age.baseball is gonna be his thing i think.and my sights didnt get here like they were supposed to.ups is backed up from the weather we been having.im gonna pick them up in the morning at terminal.

Yeah, you guys have been getting hit pretty hard, gonna take a bit to get running smooth again. Take you time, enjoy the process, concentrate on where in the spot you want this arrow. What's Uncle Ted call it, "the mystical flight of the arrow'? When your son sees how much you enjoy the sport, his intrest will pick, let hin take he time, keep his equipment light weight, no need to ruch, they grow up too fast anyway. .
    Got kin in southwest MO, they're finally getting all dug out.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 02-16-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    Visit our web site

Default One pin

Been using one very accurately for many years.

I use the CBE Tex Hunter. CBE Tex Target can be used for tournament and hunting.

HHA is a fine product as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

funny thing was we had 6" of snow on thursday.by saturday it was 55 degrees and been in the upper 60's most of this week.oh well its the south.i am looking forward to sighting them in an like u said gonna take my time and do it to the best of MY abilatey.nice gobbler D.B. thats my ulaimite goal but so far they have escaped me with a bow.