You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Almost have to hunt out of a blind for turkeys. They see too well for much un hidden movement! How about it DB, in a blind or up a tree to get that gobbler?
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

well elkslayer got my sights in put them on my axe 6 and didnt work out at all.for some reason i just cant hit consistent with that bow i think it s becaues the grip is so thin.well right before xmas i traded a hoyt alphamax in on a mission venture an a craze riged the venture with a nap apache rest and really like the way it felt an was alot more consistent so i put the hha sights on it and i love um.got it set in on 20 yrds so far but it got dark.i also have a monster that i enjoy shooting but its name says it all at 70#.i guess some would ask why so many bows,but i dont c it any different than somone who buys guns and trades um around.

fixin ti try to get a thicker grip for that pse.any suggestions

Oh I've always got a sugestion or two, but you need to be carefull when 'fatting up the grip' Too much and you can tourque the bow. Which bow are we talking about, the PSE? Does it have grip panels? If it does, remove 'em, cut shims from plastic , as many as you need and replace panels over the shims. If it doesn't have panels like that, you could wrap the grip with "ToughTec 9000" A durable, abrasion resistant non-scuff grip material which retains grip, wet or dry.
    http://questoutfitters.com/miscellaneous.htm#Misc. Fabrics
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 02-17-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Visit our web site
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.

yes the pse axe 6.it has the real slim grip.i was torqing it with the slim grip.i worked with it all afternoon.i put a new qad ultra rest hd on it an put some tennis racket grip tape on it,just enuff to make it about the size of my mission an monster and got it tuned in.i really like the axe so i spend more time with it.can u get that tape ur talking about from lancaster archery.tomorrow im gonna get the mission like i want it.i can shoot it more consistent thats why i put the hha sights on it.the axe was the only bow that didnt have a drop away on it and putting the qad on it seemed to help a bunch.thanks for all ur advice

That ToughTec 9000 is a fabric, not a tape. The only place I know of to find is the link I provided. We use it as part of our Bow Sling shoulder pad, and as a non slip/thermal wrap on our bows, but we hand sew it in place and then clamp the grip panels over it. It streches in one direction, so the grip is tight before the grip panel clamp it down.
    You're welcome to all the advise you can use, I've forgotten more than I know....
    Visit our web site

the pse has a solid handle with small rubber grips.i think the tape i put around has made a big difference.that will do till i find some better stuff.chk out the picture i posted on the hogs topic.we caught 7 at once.that trap has a weight activated trip.iguess the were so small it took that many to trip it.i think that makes a total of 13 hogs we have pinned up.and yes these are wild and quite aggressive.gonna turn back out an hunt them this spring.

with todays bows , all you need is a 25 and 35 yd pin in most tree stand situations.
    just a question? do you single pin guys set up at about 25 yds and then make an adj if thought necessary when game is in range? or do you guesstimate range and hold over or under?

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

im set for 20 25 30 35 and so on up to 65. and i mainly keep it on 30 because thats what most your hunting situations are and my bow doesnt drop much at all from 20 to 30.
    u aint seen country yet!

i can say one thing the single pin has helped with the bluring problem is was having with multi pin sights that and the 29 size.should have switched along time ago.hha makes a qualitey sight.

I hunt in the Pacific Northwest, steep, heavily wooded coastal mountain ranges, but mostly I'm on logging roads, on my trusty Rockhopper. Thousands of acres of Timber companys lands, all crisscrossed with roads. Access is avaible if you write to the companys, just no moterized traffic. Walk or ride, I ride. But back to your question, I leave my HHA OL 5519 set on 30 yds, and don't lock it down, I carry a range finder and always check yardages especially in clear cuts, where you have nothing to judge size with. So, for me no, I don't hold over or under, but take the time to range and set.

singal pin sights - Bowhunting forum
    Visit our web site

Quote Originally Posted by AxeMonster View Post
    i can say one thing the single pin has helped with the bluring problem is was having with multi pin sights that and the 29 size.should have switched along time ago.hha makes a qualitey sight.
    You may want to start thinking about the Speciatly Archery super peep with screww in verifires, My pins where blurring on me, am using a #5 the weakest porew and see a crystal clear pin and target. Besy to see if one gonna help is go to your favorite shop, hold a verifer to your eye and a sight out at bows length away from you. When the pin clears up, thats your power, that also make clairfiers which fix other vision troubles.
    Visit our web site

I'll chk an see if they have anything like that,but i doubt it.dont have a real solid archery shop near by.most of the time i either order it or drive 120 miles round trip to the one that would probably have it.

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

you can also get verifyers that are diffrent colors for making ur target more visible if it is dark when u look through ur peep
    u aint seen country yet!

I picked up my 2nd one off the AT classifieds, peep and 2 verifiers, and have seen the full kit for about $35. Want to see that pin like a teen again?
    Visit our web site

I'll look around for the kit,im sure it will make a big difference.I really like ur bike an the way u have it set up,thats pretty impressive.Alot cheaper than on of those elec.powered rigs.Ive often thought about getting a mtn.bike just to take with us camping so i could ride around the parks with the kids,if i get one you will have to tell me how u rigged ur bow holder.

The bow rack is just a modified handlebar atv gun rack, pretty much like this one, just remember to get the replacemant rubber straps. That the modification you need, other wise, your bow will want to ride riser down, string up, I wanted it laying flat, so to make a flat spot I used 1/8" elastic cord and tied the right sized loop, the bow rests on those 4 1/8" cords and is held onwn snugly by the included rubber straps, if I knew that I'd need them I' have gotten replacements at the same time, just happened to have the elastic cord on hand. The Pack is a whole other story, try finding one of those babys!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Kolpi...?WTz_l=Unknown
    Visit our web site

i kinda figured thats what u had on there.for the 6 months i have been going thru some serioues back trouble and on my second round of shots in my lower back.i asked doc.yesterday about getting a bike and she didnt no if that would be a good idea or not.but ive been working out twice aday lifting weights(small ones) and using a rubberband apperatice thats kinda like a bow trainer.i looked at some on walmarts websight an there not that exspensive may give on a try an see.

Setting up my bike like that has increased my hunting range tremendously. Here in the Pacific Northwest, there's millions of huntable acres behind locked gates, all you need is permission, ( just write to the timber company, tell them who you are, and how you hunt ) and time. 80-90% or more hunters never go more that a mile from a motor vehicle, and the critters know it.
    If you bad back will allow you to ride, its great excerise. And not a sound game associates with danger....
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 02-24-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Visit our web site

i found me one today,but its been pouring rain all day an figured i would wait till morrow.our club is a timber company but they will let u ride 4 wheelers but ur right about the sound.i bet u can see alot more game just rideing the roads.by the way love my sights.makes alot of difference.havnt got them completley sighted in yet but i want them to dead on.still got plenty of time before turkey season.turkey hunting is my favorite.nothing like a gobbler almost blowing ur hat off gets my heart going like a drum.population has been going down over the last few yrs.hope this year is better.got a big flock located already.at least 25 hens.any turkeys out your way