You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default paper tuning and d-loop

have been read bow tuning, well after i read paper tuning and they talk about adjust the nock and arrow rest for better tune, but i wonder if they do that with d-loop and adjust ??

i have been reading and hope to do my own tune up my bow and arrow for next season,

Not real sure I understand your question but....

I set the top of the rest to the center of the berger hole, then I move my D-loop for paper tuning. Once I get a good tear I put knock sets on my string, then I broadhead tune. Any adjustment that need to be done after putting on knock sets I do with the rest.

The D loop or nock point is adjusted up and down depending on the paper tear.

If the tear is nock high, move the nock point down.

If the tear is nock low, move the nock point up.

Note: Check at three distances before moving the nock. Sometimes an arrow will bounce off the rest if the nock is low but it will tear the paper as if it is nock high.

As always with bow tuning, if moving it this way doesn't work, move it that way, even if it's not logical.

Keep your changes very small.

If moving your rest left and right doen't help, check for bow hand torque or cam lean.

I hope this answers your question,
    Allen

i mean most bow that dont have knock on string but a d-loop on so do u have to loose the loop and move and tight or replace a new loop if u are doing the paper tune ??

well on my bow have dloop ready and there's no nock on strig.. just wonder about dloop and the paper tune ..

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

yes if limbs are tuned correctly and the paper tune is off the compensate by moving the rest or d loop according to the tear.
    u aint seen country yet!

is it waste time to remove or loose the d-loop everytime it need tune or adjust ? my d-loop is just locked like tight from new brand ? do i have to had a loop tool and a string ready to install on string ?

how will u going to shoot with loop when paper isnt tune, and loose the loop again and over ?
    my bow is single solocam and i measure riseer and limb to string from top and low they are equal the same measure

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Not real sure I understand your question but....

I set the top of the rest to the center of the berger hole, then I move my D-loop for paper tuning. Once I get a good tear I put knock sets on my string, then I broadhead tune. Any adjustment that need to be done after putting on knock sets I do with the rest.
    What he said...but I use tied on nocking points.

reason i ask for broadhead i'm going to shoot a mechincals for sure.. and want to make sure my bow is shoot like bulletproof and tear clear and want to test out a wide cut diameter like vortex..

i'm trying to get somethings for fun to have paper tune that way i know my fune is prefect for mech broadhead..