You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default ASA & Speed limits

I have always been in favor of ASA's speed limits, but it's becoming more of a challenge to get today's equipment to match it.

More so, now that many of the new Carbon Express shafts are lighter than they ever have been

I like(prefer) holding a particular draw weight, and trying to slow down the arrow via point weight causes spine issues. Thinking maybe they should bump it at least another 10 fps.

What say ye?

I don't know yet.........I'll let you know once I get my AlphaElite all set and see what kind of speeds I get out of it.

But yes, I think they should keep up with the equipment today and raise the speeds. One shouldn't have to lower the weight or change arrows just to slow it down to meet spec. Even guys with short draws lengths are having no problem reaching 300 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    I have always been in favor of ASA's speed limits, but it's becoming more of a challenge to get today's equipment to match it.

More so, now that many of the new Carbon Express shafts are lighter than they ever have been

I like(prefer) holding a particular draw weight, and trying to slow down the arrow via point weight causes spine issues. Thinking maybe they should bump it at least another 10 fps.

What say ye?
    I think Weiner and his little T-Rex arms have enough trouble getting 280, why make it more difficult..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    I think Weiner and his little T-Rex arms have enough trouble getting 280, why make it more difficult..
    That, and the "Chick bow" He shoots.

One one hand yes, keep up with the times.. On the other hand there will be soo much griping about tearing up targets, etc.

Could add a speed class and charge them extra.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    One one hand yes, keep up with the times.. On the other hand there will be soo much griping about tearing up targets, etc.

Could add a speed class and charge them extra.

Just 10 fps... all it would take, at least for the stuff I'm dealing with right now.

Shoot an X7, that's what I used to do....

No way don't change it.

I know a ton of people shooting 400+ grain heavy arrows because they carry better and are less affected by wind. Some of them have a hard enough time just trying to get to 280 without having to shoot 70lbs.

With my Constitution I can get a 400 grain arrow to 280 at 64 lbs, but with my XLR I have to shoot 71lbs. I'd rather shoot a heavier arrow than a light one.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

? Most 3D specialty arrows are grossly over spined and can take more weight in the nose and they fly better. I have yet to see anybody get stopped and chrono'd by an official.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    ? Most 3D specialty arrows are grossly over spined and can take more weight in the nose and they fly better. I have yet to see anybody get stopped and chrono'd by an official.
    I've been chrono'd 3 times, once each of the last 3 years. They put the chrono at the end of the range and when you were making the turn from target 20 to target 1 they asked you to shoot through the chrono.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Jimmy... it just ain't that hard for someone with your DL and the bows toy shoot to build a great arrow with plenty of FOC and weight that will shoot 280 fps.. but the short draw folks are stuck with light arrows and zip for FOC... raising the speed limit will just make it more difficult for them...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

? Okies and Texans, hell , Im suprised you didnt have the state, county, local, and a constible law theyre making 4 chrono tests per round.

I say leave it alone!