You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default best trail came for under $200

hey guys, looking at buying some trail cams that are not priced like a reconyx.
    I have 2 bushnell trophy cams and they are ok. good battery life but crappy night pics and blurry photos sometimes. what are your thoughts on the best trail cam value out there??????

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

moultrie cams arent too expensive and take great pics.
    u aint seen country yet!

Cuddyback has a new one coming out that should be around that price tag. Great features. I don't have the name in front of me but if you hit their website I bet it's there.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

yeah!!!! its the cuddeback attack.......... goes for around $250 i think. im so torn on what info to trust when it comes to trail cams. I read chasingame.com on camera reviews and they bash a certain camera and then i read reviews from real hunters that may like it. I tend to listen to guys out there like me that are real life hunters .....hence 3dshoots.com
    but I i would like to know more on that cuddeback attack cam

Default Trail cam reveiws

Here's a pretty good source of every thing trail cam.

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/inde...3b4a557c57d9b9
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

i have 3 cuddebacks and i've never had any problems with any of them and the battery life and pictures are better than any other cam i've tried

Some may like the cudde backs but Ive had nothing but Heck with them. Every other yr I am having to send them in to get fixed and its always $75 or more. In my IR camera I have already invested about $800 in it. Now they want me to trade it in for a capture IR and give them $150 or close to that. Rip off. I paid over $400 new for my IR. Its only 5 yrs old. Well Ive owned 1 for 5 yrs anyway cause this 1 has been sent to them 2 times and it needs to go back again. I will never own another cudde back mainly cause there customer service and reliability sucks. Plus my cheaper moultries have outlasted them. I have never sent 1 back for repair. The only thing is the cudde backs trigger speed is next to none but corn scatters will make any deer stop to eat.

i like my moultrie it has the centered shot on it so every pic the whole deer is in the frame that way insted of a bunch of tails and nose pics i can actually see what it is. and i agree ive had probs with cuddebacks.
    u aint seen country yet!

also another good cam to try is wildgame innovations... they have surprised me with how cheap their camera is and it has great features.
    u aint seen country yet!

I bought a Tasco last year just to put in the yard and find out whats been digging in my trash.
    Turns out it was the neighbors cat.

I bought 2 more. They're about $99.00, and the quality of the picture was great at night about 10 -14 feet. I decided to try it out in the woods for scouting, and it performed flawlessly, I left it out all season (Sept. - Dec.) and didnt have to change the batteries once. Its about the same size as the Bushnell cams, and has alot of the same features.
    We can't stop here!!! This is Bat Country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog_20 View Post
    I bought a Tasco last year just to put in the yard and find out whats been digging in my trash.
    Turns out it was the neighbors cat.

I bought 2 more. They're about $99.00, and the quality of the picture was great at night about 10 -14 feet. I decided to try it out in the woods for scouting, and it performed flawlessly, I left it out all season (Sept. - Dec.) and didnt have to change the batteries once. Its about the same size as the Bushnell cams, and has alot of the same features.
    I've been looking at those really hard, price has droped a bit, but even at a C note each, you get a 5 mega pixel cam that runs 6 months on a couple of AA batteries. Will probably be my next trail cams, unless something better and cheaper pops up.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

I have a moultrie i bought at cabela's a few years ago. It's not an IR but it takes really good pictues, easy to set up and does video too. You can get it now for i think $100 or less. Check all the stores online (Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops, etc.) The usually run good sales for the spring turkey season and most times shipping is free .

does anyone have or heard of spypoint cams???? i just picked one up for $129 but really havent heard anything on them