You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Carter Only

Default Carter Only

I just bought a Carter Only and I know its early but man do I love this thing, so much adjustment I see good things in the future. Anyone else had this release or tried it yet.......what are your thoughts
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I shoot this release and we've sold quite a few at the shop. The guys love them.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I really like the scott longhorn ss, the black hole is nice as well but I decided to go with the Only, the adjustment is what sold me on it just got to get used to the thumb peg.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

the short stem on this release will be a big factor wether you like this unit or not.

i have 4 bows all set at 30.5", but different models and cams 30.5" isnt always exactly 30.5" . I go between thre Carter Ember , a short stem release and a Truball absolute, a standard length stem depending on the bow.

the short stem doesnt feel right on some bows based on my anchor and on other bows its just right. of course you can lengthen your d loop

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    the short stem on this release will be a big factor wether you like this unit or not.

i have 4 bows all set at 30.5", but different models and cams 30.5" isnt always exactly 30.5" . I go between thre Carter Ember , a short stem release and a Truball absolute, a standard length stem depending on the bow.

the short stem doesnt feel right on some bows based on my anchor and on other bows its just right. of course you can lengthen your d loop

Good info

This is a factor that I have seen in the past as well when shooting different bows and using one or more different style releases some of this can contribute all the way back to the angle and style of the grip on the bow and how the whole systems feels as far as a solid repeatable anchor point when a full draw that you may have with a different bow.

JDX--
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!