You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default ASA qualifiers at Archery Club $$$ ????

I belong to a rather large Archery Club in the South East that has NO affiliations with any Archery Organization. I guess you could call it an outlaw archery club for lack of another term. Im just a member of that club, I have no memberships in IBO, ASA, NFAA or whatever.

I asked the question, why doesnt the club have ASA qualifiers?
    Managemnet told me ASA wants the club to run the shoot, use theyre targets and send ASA the money. This sounded a lil biased and simplistic to me, but there is probablty some truth in the statement.

So, can someone answer that question here....If a club participates and runs an ASA qualifier, how much $ per shooter does the ASA want ?

first you have to carry ASA insurance that is 300- 400 a year, if you don't change and add anything the basic fee for ASA is $5 per shooter. so if the club charges $25 per shooter for a qualifier $10 goes to the club, $5 to ASa and the rest goes into the pot to be paid back to the shooters.

Day By Day

To be an affiliated ASA club, yearly membership is $350. However, only $50 of that is club fee. The remaining $300 is to have a minimum of 10 individual asa members in the club at $30/membership. So really you're getting great insurance at $50. For a qualifier, $5 per shooter is sent to ASA. Any amount charged for entry over the minimum $20 entry fee set must be applied back to shooters in payback.

be very careful with this deal.....they still owe me from 6-7 years ...never saw a cent from a Winn & our club lost big time.(the winn was from another club)

What if the club has liability insurance already, the club is on county property and the county requires they have insurance.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    What if the club has liability insurance already, the club is on county property and the county requires they have insurance.
    in oklahoma and i'm sure everywhere else, your club has to have ASA insurance. you can call ASA and get a club packet. or just give them a call for all the info or your state director could give you the info also

Im sure the club will be keeping its outlaw/independent status. I dont really care that much one way or the other, but wanted to know what the deal was, thanks.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

with ASA you can also add a rider for the landowner for $50 so that covers them also. that is how i do it for our club.

I believe, as long as your insurance meets their requirements, you can send them a copy and you do not have to buy theirs. From what i understand, ASA's insurance is very affordable compared to others.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg