You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default DS-3800....want opinions

Chris, i know you shot this, you said you like it, i have mine on the way, anyone actually taken this to a course or shot it at some distance?
    I havent had a chance yet. if you shot it, what did you like about it?

I have had one since Christmas. Shoots better at longer distance with the hard side plate grips but that might be me. The bow seems to just stay in tune real well. So far out of all the bowtech, Pse, hoyt, martin and elite bows I have owned this is by far the best shooting bow I have had to date. I do not have one complaint about it.

Quote Originally Posted by debowhunter View Post
    I have had one since Christmas. Shoots better at longer distance with the hard side plate grips but that might be me. The bow seems to just stay in tune real well. So far out of all the bowtech, Pse, hoyt, martin and elite bows I have owned this is by far the best shooting bow I have had to date. I do not have one complaint about it.

I like the hard side plates, i think the rubber is very comfortable, but promotes torque easier.....Darton calims the bows come with both sets of grips for the shooter to decide. Did you get both, or buy the hard plates?

yes it come with both grips. i might take the side plates off and just use the riser. Seems I shoot better this way. the bow is a tac driver and very consistant

I was sold on it, purely out of how comfortable it is for me.

I've shot alot of different bows, mainly mathews, hoyt and pse, and have NEVER had a bow fit me this well, and be so comfortable to me at full draw...and just handling it.

I've shot a 70# monster XLR8 for the past year, and i shoot very well with this, and to be honest, it's not the most comfortable bow to me, i just shoot it well....i cant imagine how good i will shoot a bow that im this comfortable with.

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the input.

I don't mean to butt in, but how much did the DS-3800 cost you guys in the states, so I can get an idea of how much it would cost me here in Oz.

I've got a Darton Cyclone and Avalanche and love them both to shoot and tune, and would love a new Darton to try.

Mick.
    Bows: '99 Darton Cyclone & '05 Darton Avalanche - 52Ib @ 27.5"
    Stabilizer: Doinker 10" Multi-Rod Hunter Plus
    Arrows: Beman ICS Hawk / ICS Bowhunter 400 Carbons
    Release Aids: Tru-Ball Pro-Diamond T Handle, Standard Caliper Head
    Sights: GWS "Silver Talon" Single Pin, Pivot - Home Made 5/32" Peep

they are 849 here.

I will have to ask my wife but i think she orderd it right from Darton. I think it was over 800

A friend of mine has one and it is a top of the line bow. Nice draw, stable feel, solid back wall, very fast....if I was looking for a hunting or strickly 3D bow this one would be near the top of my list.