You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Nibb adhesive...

Whats the best stuff to glue nibbs in with, i used goat tuff today, and had 2 nibbs come out!....wtf....my buddy said hot melt, but i've only ever used hot melt on aluminum.....any recommendations ?

I've used low temp hot melt for years on both aluminum and carbon arrows. Never had a failure.

Years ago I thought that nothing could be better than epoxy, but had several failures & lost confidence in it. Apparently epoxy and super glues are too brittle when they set up. Hot melt stays soft enough that the shock of hitting a target isn't a problem.

With aluminums you can heat the arrow a little. Don't do this with carbons, it will ruin your arrow. In fact don't heat the point any more than is required to get the glue smeared on the point.

For the price of one bottle of goat tuff, you can buy a lifetime supply of low temp hot melt at Wally World.

Allen

Hot melt works good in most target medias, the tough targets we have at our club, Im using 5 min epoxy and generous amounts of it. I leave it cure for 12 hrs. mininum.It seems to be the most durable and will come out of carbons if you heat it up al il bit.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

I've always used Hot Melt

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

3 D Shooter

Bohning insert iron works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    I've always used Hot Melt

Dan
    If it ain't hot melt I won't use it....I like my points to stay in and I like to be able to take them out if I need to or want to.

hot melt
    Mike "Javi" Cooper